Thursday, February 7, 2013

HANG IN THERE

I unfortunately had to do a quick "hang in there" card for a very dear friend up at our church.  She is the Church Volunteer Organizer - no matter what event is going on - there she is.  She volunteers 5 days a week - and never misses a day. We invite her and her husband to all our parties - they are both so much fun.  Her family originally came from Scotland, and so we have a unique tie between our heritage and the Church.

She was at a bereavement  at the church this week, and let David and me know that she has to go in for surgery on the 19th of February. Just so unexpected, as she had recently had a scan of the area nearby and nothing had shown up.

It really hit home to me that we are not invincible.  I believe with all my heart that she'll be OK - she has such strong faith.

So here is the card that I sent her:  the inside reads - Hang in there!


I love this new set (482)  from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  If you haven't seen my recent posts then scroll on down!  Apart from the cute froggy images, there are many fun sayings too!

So for this card, I colored the image with watercolor pencils and blended with Gamsol.  I fussy cut and then layered it on a trellis, made from gold card stock, cut out from the Spellbinders Lattice die.  I layered it on to black cardstock before wrapping gold ribbon through the tag, also stamped from the same set, embossed with Detail Black and cut and embossed with Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio two.

Let's hope that it works, and Peggy is back to her normal, bubbly self very soon.

Till next time,

Shona


8 comments:

  1. It's lovely Shona. Peggy will love it. I'll keep her in my prayers sweetie
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stunning and I know your friend Peggy will love it. Fabulous coloring with the watercolor pencils and that trellis is a great backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure this card will bring a smile to your friend's face and will help speed her recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona this is a brilliant card. I love the lattice background. Your use of colors is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooo, Shona! You did all that fussy cutting? I bow down at your feet. Wow - looks great! I'm sorry to hear about your friend's sadness. We all need those gentle reminders about the fragility of Life to make us more appreciative of every moment in our daily living. I hope she is soon better, too, but sometimes when one loves so completely, the grieving is more than a passage of time. Your card is very cheery and will remind her she is loved. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card and great coloring! I love the lattice behind the image too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your image came out fantastic. It stands out so beautifully on the darker lattice background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to use this frog image for a "hang in there" card and I love the black background, looks really dramatic. I hope your friend is doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!