Friday, December 6, 2019

Reindeer Snow Globe Shaker

Hi there, 

Well, here we are again - December! That was the quickest year ever, wasn't it? My December header is a little herd of deer in our front yard, enjoying all those extra acorns that Mother Nature provided for them this year! My first card for December is for the Dies R Us Design Team and also includes a deer - a snow globe shaker card, using the Memory Box Evergreen Reindeer and the Tutti Cross Stitched Nesting Circles.

Here are the dies I used:

Tutti Designs - Cross Stitch Nesting Circles

I ran both dies through the big shot at the same time. 

In an effort to make it look like a snow globe, I used the Spellbinders Mega Ovals Large to cut a base - cutting it out first and then die cutting another piece out of the "top" - from a piece of wood-grained self-adhesive cardstock.

I then stuck acetate to the back of the "globe" with double stick tape.

A piece of digi paper was attached to the front of a white card base for the background. Happy Holidays from an old Sparkle N' Sprinkle Set was stamped in Versafine Clair Monarch under the globe and heat set with Clear embossing powder.

Mounting tape was then attached to the back of the globe panel.

A few spoons of Stampendous Shaved Ice was then added on top of the background paper.

The top panel was then placed on to the card base to finish off my card.

Below you will find the products that I have used in my project today: 

Christmas Sayings Set 223 (SNS)
Spellbinders Mega Ovals Large
Clear Detail embossing powder
Stampendous Shaved Ice
Mounting Foam

Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:

I hope you've enjoyed my share today?

Till next time,

Friday, November 29, 2019

Wish Upon a Star

Hi there, today I'd like to share a mostly white on white card, using the Precious Marieke Star Circle Die.

This is the die that I used today, the Precious Marieke Star Circle, which can be found over at Dies R Us

Precious Marieke - Warm Christmas Feelings - Star Circle

I began by die cutting the star circle die from both white cardstock and silver mirror cardstock. 

The negative star spots of the white version were filled in with the stars from the silver version. The little stars were quite fiddly to insert into the spots. They were held in place with little pieces of tape on the back. I used my stamp platform to stamp the sentiment from an old Sparkle N Sprinkle set. The platform allowed me to position the stamp exactly where I wanted it on the white card base in Versafine Clair Morning Mist. This was heat embossed with Silver Detail.

The circle was then attached using little foam pads behind the bigger stars and bits of foam pads behind the little stars. A few self-adhesive clear rhinestones were attached to finish off my card for today.

Below is a list of the products used in my card today:

Nesties Christmas Trees Set 420 (SNS)

Silver Detail embossing powder
Clear Self Adhesive Rhinestones
Foam Pads
Silver Mirror Cardstock

I'd like to join in the following challenges:
Scrapy Land Challenge #126: Use a die that Scrapy Land carries
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #11: Anything Goes
The Holly and the Ivy Challenge #61: Anything Goes
Krafty Chicks Challenge #483: Monochrome

I hope you've enjoyed my share today?

Till next time,


Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Brayered Nativity

Hi there,

Today I have a card for Christmas at Sweet Stampin' with the option of trees. I went for a less traditional Christmas tree - palm trees!

The palm trees in this sweet nativity scene waved to me as I thought what I was going to do for my card this month.

I brayered a piece of glossy white cardstock with the Kaleidacolor Creole Spice ink pad. 

I ran the die over both the brayered panel and a navy panel (which had been die cut with the Cross Stitched Frame Border). The positive part of the die was inserted into the negative of the navy panel. Then a piece of yellow cardstock was layered with a piece of Super Adhesive Sheet. 

After removing the protective backing the blue panel was layered over the yellow cardstock. Daisy glitter was then burnished on top of the sticky surface. This added a "glow" to the background.

The nativity scene panel was layered to blue corrugated cardstock and then a gold ribbon was tied around the base before being layered to a blue cardfront.

Here are the products I used on my project today:

Kaleidacolor Creole Spice Ink Pad
Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Borders
Die-namites Nativity Scene
2 ½” Tear-ific Tape
Daisy Semi Transparent Microfine Glitter
Gold Ribbon

Blue Corrugated Cardstock

Well we didn't see much of a Fall here this year. No snow yet, but that's only because
there is no precipitation! I just returned yesterday from a four day stay in Arizona, it was
a bit of a whirlwind tour, but I enjoyed every minute of it! Hard to come back from
86 degrees to 36!! We were staying in a resort in Scottsdale where there was a very well
kept canopy of date palm trees. Maybe this was the inspiration for my card! Also a night
time scene.

Join us for the challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. We'd love to see what you do
with your tree stamps!

Thanks for stopping by today. Warm hugs from New Jersey!