Sunday, November 30, 2014

SPARKLE N SPRINKLE'S DECEMBER 1ST REVEAL

Hi there and welcome to Sparkle N Sprinkle's December Reveal.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.



This month FOUR new stamp sets are being introduced.   These sets are 20% off their regular price, until Dec. 3rd.  All the new reveal sets are available on Cling Mounted Rubber and as a digital image.  Sweetheart Frog, set #677 is the stamp set featured in  This Month's Technique Video.

The sets are:





Toyland Bear #674   (digi version DIGI674)
Gymnast #675   (digi version DIGI675)
Love and Kisses #676  (digi version DIGI676)
Sweetheart Frog #677   (digi version DIGI677)

On Dec 3rd,  one Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the comments left on the designers' blogs listed below.  The Grand Prize Winner will receive

all FOUR of the new rubber stamp sets (or digi sets, if you prefer)

The new SNS Creative Challenges also begins today, with lots of prizes and recognition badges. 

The winner of the blog hop will be announced on Dec 3 on Facebook, the SNS blog, and on our blogs.  This month's Blog Hop order is: 


Eret Pank
Anne Temple
Marie Berquist
Belinda Shupe
April Williams
Shona Erlenborn (you are here)

(Tip: if you have a problem with a particular link, try clicking on the person's blog title to send you to their Home page.)

We hope you enjoy the New Reveals as much as we do. Our winner last month came from April's blog. Don't forget to leave a comment with each Designer to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  We love reading your comments and hope we have inspired you as well. If you absolutely cannot leave a comment for some reason, please email icinganne@yahoo.com with your comments and the name of the blog or Designer you are commenting about.

I chose the Gymnast set to work with this month and wanted to also incorporate the brand new "Frozen" glitters. I was thinking along the lines of the Olympics and thus the different colored rings (circles) came about. 



I decided to go with a Center Step card this month. I stamped the Gymnast on white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black. She was then colored with Copics and cut and embossed with the biggest circle die cut. I sponged Memento Lulu Lavender around the image before removing the die. I added a strip of the Princess Anna Fuchsia glitter to the side of the outfit with the Sakura Glue Pen. I then edged the circle with Versamark and heat embossed with Mulberry Star. I cut another circle the same size that will be used as a backing to this circle.

Next I applied a piece of 2 1/2" Tear-ific Tape to white cardstock and cut out the four smaller circles. After removing the protective backing, I applied Olaf White to the largest of the four circles, and then continued with the smaller circles with Princess Anna Royal, Princess Elsa Frozen and then Princess Anna Fuchsia to the smallest circle.



I cut out one more taped circle using the second smallest die and applied Cloud Nine Velvet Glitter to that one. I stamped the sentiment directly on top of the glittered circle with Memento Tuxedo Black.

I followed the tutorial to make the base for the Center Step card. 3/4" Tear-ific Tape was applied to the base step and sides, with a 1/8" strip added to each side of the 3/4" tape (which adds up to the inch width of the sides and base). Remove the protective backing from the 3/4" piece on the base and center a piece of 1/4" tape, before applying Princess Anna Royal glitter. Remove the two 1/8" and the 1/4" from the base and apply Olaf White.




Repeat the same step with the sides, applying Princess Elsa Frost to the 3/4" piece, before removing the 1/8" and 1/4" strips and applying Princess Elsa Frozen. Also put a 3/4" strip of Princess Elsa Frozen at the top of the base.

Assemble the card by sandwiching the Princess Elsa Frozen and Princess Anna Royal circles between the image and the extra cut circle. Add the Olaf White circle to the top of the base and then add the image with dimensional dots. The little Princess Anna Fuchsia and the sentiment circle are then added with Dimensional Dots to complete the card.
   

I hope I've inspired you to check out the new "Frozen" Glitters. I see this Christmas, "Frozen" is all over the stores. Now it can also be all over your cards! If you came via the talented April's blog, then you have successfully completed the blog. You can pop over to the Sparkle N Sprinkle blog now and leave any other comments that you wish.

Hugs, till next time,

Shona

22 comments:

  1. This looks amazing. Love how you used all the new glitters together in your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the new glitters they are so pretty. Your use of them are just so pretty. Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These new glitters are so awesome. Can't wait to play with them. Love your card design and all the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it ! The glitter circles look so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an amazing card, Shona! I love how you have incorporated sparkly "balance balls" in your creation to bring more gymnastic elements into your scene, and to create motion like that! Those new glitter colors are WONDERFUL! I'll need to get some of those LOL REALLY pretty! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see that I will probably have to make a trip to the store to bring some of the Frozen glitter home, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card design! The glitters are beautiful and I can't wait to use them. Great job! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the glitter on this card! Such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, great color effects with the glitter-Elsa is one of my favorites...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color combination with all the glitter. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved the colors you used! and the glitter! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. More Huge WOW! Loved your idea of the Olympic circles to design with this lady gymnast. Those frozen glitters are so shiny & sparkly. TFS the tutorial link for the step card as well. A fantastic card with this set. I'm pleased to see that the Kit of the month is the Valentine Frog. DH likes frogs, so this will be perfect to get a head start for that big day. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I LOVE your pretty glittery circles. Thanks for sharing your WONDERFUL card.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shona, WOW!!! I love the "frozen" glitter you used... so appropriate for athletics! The layering of the card gives me the impression the gymnast is on stage performing. The circles look like balls or spotlights providing motion and balance to your card. The layout helps move the eye around to the page and end on the saying...that I love. Lovely! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Shona, your step card is great!! I love all the glitters and the circles are perfect for the gymnast. I would have never thought to use circles on the step card but WOW they work great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you ARE the glitter queen - gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  17. The circles are perfect for this stamp! I love the new Frozen colors! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card. I love those new glitter colours. I really like how well you captured the sparkle in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Shona, what a fantastic card!!! Great colours and image, I really love it!!!The sparkle is fantastic!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fantastic card! I love all the glitter. The sentiment and image are a perfect pair. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous! I love the way you've arranged the circles :)

    Have a fabulous and crafty day!
    Amber
    Stampin On Stuff
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow this is absolutely stunning. A circle is my favourite shape and you have used it so creatively here and of course the glitter is just so lush.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!