Friday, June 19, 2015

GLITTERED POPPY THANK YOU

Hi there,

Today I'd like to share a card using the glittered stencil technique. This time I used the Dreamweaver Fern and Flower stencil. My focal image is made using a Memory Box die, Perky Poppy, some Tear-ific Tape and Velvet Glitters. Hope you enjoy:


To make the background, I started with rubbing Hawaian soap to the stencil before placing a piece of sticker paper  to the stencil (the soap allows the stencil to separate easily from the sticker paper). I then started to "color" in the flowers (with Tiger Orange and Gypsy Red) and the ferns (with Lator Gator):



After the flowers and ferns were colored, I separated the sticker paper from the stencil and covered the entire piece with Daisy, which I'm sorry, I neglected to photograph.


For the focal image I used the Memory Box Perky Poppy Die. I stuck a piece of 2 1/2" Tear-ific Tape to a piece of white cardstock.


By running the prepared cardstock through the embossing machine with the die face down onto the protected adhesive, it results in a "sticker":

                             

Use an Exacto knife to remove the outline first. I used the same colors of Velvet Glitters as in the background piece. So I began with Gypsy Red for the flowers and Lator Gator for the stems:

                             

The petals were colored with Tiger Orange and Daisy:

                               

Now you remove the protective backing from the rest of the Tape, and apply your preferred color - I chose to use Cloud Nine:


                         











Burnish the Glitter in well with your finger.


To finish off my card, I decided to cut the Poppy out with Spellbinders Mega Ovals Large. I cut a strip off the fern and flower background and layered it to black cardstock. A white card base was too stark and so I edged the card base with 1/4" Tear-ific Tape and centered the black layer, applying Daisy glitter to the sticky edges.


The Sentiment (from Thanks a bunch Stamp Set) was stamped in Versamark on black cardstock and then heat embossed with Belgian Cream. I cut and embossed with the smaller of the dies from the same die set used for the poppy image. It was tucked behind the focal image, which was then attached to the card front with Dimensional Dots.



Hope you've enjoyed my share today and that I've inspired you to try this new "make your own stickers with dies" technique!

Let me leave you with a sneak preview of the other card I did today using the Memory Box Large Ringlets Die:


Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. A lovely glittery card! I love the stencil you've used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous and I do love poppies! Your work is a glittery masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love poppies and this is gorgeous.Your card is so glittery and very very pretty.Love the tip about the soap, will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolute stunning use of glitter, which you are a master of. Also thank you for the step by step.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW loved your step by step tutorial ...I must try this technique
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another sparkling card (pun intended). Love the way you did the die stencil (thanks for showing how). The colors of glitter you chose for the poppy worked so beautifully, and I'm loving the glittered stenciling with the Dreamweaver stencil too. Terrific use of the dies, products and your excellent expertise, to create a fabulous & gorgeous card. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How beautiful your your stencil effects are - and the poppy is lovely, Shona! Thank you for showing how to create those marvelous effects! It was fun talking with you today and hearing about all the things you are doing. I'm sorry about not visiting as often as I'd like these days. Thanks for understanding. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beauiful card, I really like this technique, and have to tray it myself one day!!!

    Have fun!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I am speechless! Shona, your card is absolutely priceless! This is a vision my friend -- I am in awe of this sparkly beauty and loved loved loved your step by step tutorial :) Thank you! I have seen only one of these types of cards in real life and now can envision how it was made thanks to your blog post - always inspiring and magnificent card!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!