To begin my framed "portrait" of Aunt Esmerelda, I took a piece of glossy cardstock and inked it up with a brayer and Kaleidacolor ink pad Creole Spice. Once the background was completely dry, I stamped the Silhouetted Witch image from the Cackle On Set 743 in Black StazOn. Once that had dried completely I covered the entire piece with Versamark ink and then applied Clear Detail (EP280) to give it a glassy look:
The frame was cut from white cardstock with Spellbinders Mystical Embrace Die. The center was cut out using a die from Lifestyle Nesting Rectangles. The frame was covered in Versamark and then heat set from below with the Fleur de Lis embossing powder. These chunky glitters should be heated from below to prevent the powder from flying off your projects. Love the rich, elegant finish to this:
I cut the witch piece down so that she fit behind the frame, as shown. I ran 1/8" Tear-ific Tape around the outside of the frame to attach the "picture".
Next I applied a 5" x 7" piece of Super Adhesive Sheet to a piece of white cardstock. I removed the backing from the adhesive and centered my framed piece. Cobalt Glaze Velvet Glitter (GM2015) was applied to the remaining adhesive. That is the color of my "haunted castle" walls!
For the plaque I cut a tag using Spellbinders Fancy Tags. I added a piece of Dimensional Foam before covering the tag in Versamark and added the Fleur de Lis powder again. This would help attach the "inscription" later, Look at that finish!
The inscription was computer-generated and cut out with a die from Spellbinders Mega Ovals Large, A little Memento Cantaloupe was daubed on top to antique it a little. It was then attached to the tag. This was then attached with another piece of Dimensional Foam to the frame to finish my project.
Hope you've enjoyed my share today.
Till next time,