If you missed my New Year's blog then a very Happy New Year to you!! Hope it is happy and healthy for us all!
Today, I wanted to share a card that I made with my Nuance powders (still just green and purple), but as I got the set for Christmas this will soon be changing! I had made several background pieces last year, so this one was made using white glossy cardstock. It gave a more "mottled" appearance than others, but to me it looked like a tree covered in blossom - so thought it would make a nice back drop for the Birds on a Wire Die.
Last month we had been given a surprise package from Sparkle N Sprinkle. I had one last bird to use from the Want to Scrap small bird flourishes chipboard set. I though it might work well with the Die-namites Birds on a Wire Die along with one of the sayings from the new Three Tenors set 767.
The Nuance purple and green powders were sprinkled on the white glossy cardstock and sprinkled with water to create the background. The Birds on a wire were die cut from a piece of 2 1/2" Tear-ific Tape. The protective backing was removed and it was stuck down on to the Nuance background. I removed the second protective layer and then applied Black Suede Velvet Glitter to the sticky adhesive to achieve the blackbirds. The card front was then layered to black and then on to a glossy white card base.
The sentiment was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with Concord (one of the detailed Tuscany colors). These come in some lovely colors and look great when you want something other than black. It was then die cut and embossed with one of the Lifestyle Nesting Fames. Want to Scrap Self Adhesive purple bling was added to the top and bottom of the die cut, before it was attached with Dimensional Foam to the card front.
The branch is an embellishment from a Want to Scrap set, as was the little bird. I covered both in Versamark - the bird was heat embossed with Fleur de Lis and the branch with Super Thick Black embossing powder. A little Want to Scrap Self Adhesive black pearl was added for his eye.
I twisted 1/4" Tear-ific Tape and stuck it to the back of the branch to adhere to the card front. The Fleur de Lis bird was added with a pop up dimensional foam.