Wednesday, November 30, 2016

SPARKLE N SPRINKLE'S DECEMBER 1ST REVEAL

Welcome to Sparkle N Sprinkle's December 1st Reveal. I chose to work with the Build a Flower Set 811, along with some of the bright and cheery Nuance powders.


We have six new stamp sets to share with you today.  These new sets are 20% off until the 3rd of the month.  So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping.  All of the new sets are available on cling mounted rubber or as a digital image.  

The sets are:


Build A Flower 811  (digi version DIGI811)
  Will Ewe Be Mine 813  (digi version DIGI813)
   Light Up My Life 814  (digi version DIGI814)
Rustic Flowers-Snapdragons 816  (digi version DIGI816)
Spring Bunny 819  (digi version DIGI819)
Build A Wreath (Digi Only)  DIGI3128B
   
On Dec 3rd, ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs listed below. Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.

The Grand Prize Winner, which will be announced on the SNS Facebook page and on the SNS Blog, will receive ALL of the new stamp sets released this month (or the digi versions, if preferred).

The Blog Hop order this month is:

Eret
Chris
Shona (you're here)
Belinda
Jess
Anne
Diane
Donna

(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)

We hope you enjoy the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as we do.  Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  
 Wonder who the Mystery Host will be this month????


The Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge also begins today.  There are lots of prizes and recognition badges.  Come check out how you can become a SNS Featured Artist as well.  The theme is always Anything Goes using Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder, and/or Flock.


Have you checked out the SNS YouTube Channel featuring Demo Donna?  If not, then you are in for a real treat.  Subscribe today to get all the latest Demo Donna tips and techniques!






So now on to my card. To begin, I stamped the flower pot on Watercolor card in Versamark and heat embossed with Sienna. I then masked the pot so that it would look like the stems were coming out of the pot, which ended up not mattering, as I layered another pot on top for dimension. The stems and flowers were stamped in Versamark and then heat embossed with White Detail.


I then sprinkled yellow, orange and green Nuance Powders over the flowers stems and leaves.


This was then misted with water, using the Mini Mister, and was then left to dry.


I stamped three more flowers and three leaves on a scrap piece of watercolor card and repeated the process with misting the Nuance Powders. When dry (you can speed up the drying process by using your heat tool) these were then fussy cut.


I then added Nuvo Crystal Drops Dandelion Yellow to all petals and as they dried they pulled up the color from the Nuance Powder beneath, which made the little dots different colors. The three additional leaves were applied with some Moonstone Nuvo Glimmer Paste for some added shine. The fussy cut flowers and leaves were added to the bouquet with foam squares. Now my bouquet had come alive!


I stamped the pot again on a piece of scrap white card with Versamark and heat embossed with Sienna. Using the Nuvo Fine and Medium Tipped Pens, I "colored" in the pot. I waited till the glue dried and then applied the Nuvo Sunkissed Copper Gilding Flakes.


I used a stippling brush to burnish the flakes in well. I then stamped the sentiment from the Blossoms Set 581 directly on top of the Gilding Flakes in Versamark. This was then heat embossed with Black Detail. I wasn't sure if it would work terribly well on top of the flakes. I used my anti-static bag first and found it worked rather well.


This was fussy cut and then added to the card front with Foam Squares. I decided to add Nuvo Crystal Drops Copper Penny to the pot rim, to finish off.


The card front was then layered on a black card base to finish. I needed a card for my Mum's birthday this weekend, so made another version of this using the jar from the Fill the Jar Set 423. I stamped the jar twice in Versamark and heat embossed one in Ice Rink and the lid in Silver Detail


I stamped the Versamark pad completely over the jar and heat embossed with Ice. I did this twice to get a frosted green glass. The lid was colored in with a grey Copic. I stamped the same "Blossoms" sentiment in Versamark on Kraft card and then cut it out with Spellbinders Framed Tags One. This was attached with raffia as shown.


The lid was attached to the jar and this was then popped up on top of the bouquet.


I'd like to join in the following Challenges:
Color Inspiration Monday: Link Up #4: Anything Goes with a hand colored image.
Get Creative Challenge #52: Birthdays

Hope you've enjoyed my share today. Remember to comment on all the Designers' blogs to be eligible to win all six new sets. That would be a nice early Christmas gift, wouldn't it? Now you should hop over to see what talented Belinda has to show you. 

Big Hugs,

Shona

31 comments:

  1. Shona - Wow! Everything is so perfect! I love the gilding flakes on the pot, and the embossing over it! Who knew that would work. I learn something from you every day, and am inspired by you! Wonderful card. And your Mum's card is really cute and fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are amazing! I didn't know you could heat emboss over the guilding flakes - can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona! What a fantastic idea to use your powdered watercolors like that! and the flower layers look fantastic with the dimensional details! I honestly had no idea you could emboss atop gilding flakes like that. LEAVE IT TO SHONA to discover new combinations of techniques. Fabulous card (and your sneak peek looks fantastically glitter-full!) hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO pretty! I love your flowers - and the watercolor powder is just perfect! I'm totally going to try the embossing over guilding flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the watercolor and all the sparkle you added. I don't know which one is my favorite. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your cards are amazing! I love that you used the watercolors and all of the different Nuvo products together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just SO cool! Love how you've used the powders over the embossed flowers, then added more dimension with extra layers. The Nuvo bits look wonderful, but you've blown me way with the gilding flakes over the pot, then ?stamping? over it! I didn't know you could do that! Bought some flakes, but haven't had the courage to try yet. This is just a beautiful creative work with lots of fantastic products used! Well done! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those fun flowers in the pretty Nuance colors! Great details with the embellishing too! Such beautiful cards with this fun Build a Flower set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is so much texture on this card, wish I could touch it! You have given me new ideas on how to use the nuance colors I got from Sparkle N' Sprinkle, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bright colors. Warms up the cold weather

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a glorious garden you have created! Stunning flowers for sure! Loving tat flower pot too! Awesome set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the beautiful big blooms. The metal pot looks amazing. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful cards you made. I know your mom will love the bouquet for her birthday. Fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic.
    So much sparkle and color.
    I haven't tried the Nuance powder
    but it's on my list.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning cards. I really love how you colored the images. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shona I love this new flower set and you sure have shown 2 great card creations. Love the way you colored the flowers. and using the jar or the flower pot.....super. Thanks for showing us how.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is beautiful. Love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both of your beautiful bouquets of flowers. And, I love how you made each of them shimmer and shine so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My oh my, what can I say? Just so much creativity with a simple card of flowers and a vase. You brought the garden inside, and it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. BEAUTIFUL cards Shona!!!
    LOVE the VIBRANT colours of the flowers and the amazing SPARKLE of the leaves - BOTH are bloomin' wonderful designs!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION, tutorial and how designs evolve during the creative process :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. How gorgeous cards. Love coloring with Nuance powders. Nuvo products are perfect to make your cards even more prettier. So beautiful and cheerful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many techniques. Both cards are beautiful. I love the colors and how they glitter. The layered flowers give them a great depth.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card, love your work on it, the colours, the design, the cheeriness, just EVERYTHING.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards Shona luv them both.....I like the Nuance Powders gives me a reason to pull them out and use them thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fantastic makes, you really are an expert in these technique, I love your colours a lot!!

    Have fun!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an amazing idea! Can't wait to try. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the image and beautiful powders and gilding flakes----Thank you for joining us at Get Creative
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card! LOVE the flowers & leaves! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges! Angie-Owner

    https://www.etsy.com/shop/AngiesStamps
    http://angiescreationsblog.blogspot.com/
    http://angiesdigitalstamps.blogspot.com/
    http://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.com/
    http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!