Thursday, May 25, 2017

Scenic Masculine Silhouette Card

Hi there,

Today I'd like to share a card with you using some of the older sets from Sparkle N Sprinkle - in fact three! Right Beside You Set 812,  Wetlands 1 Set 790Wetlands 2 Set 791, along with some of the Nuvo Embellishment Mousses.
To begin with, I set up my scene on my stamping platform. You can also use the Tim Holtz Stamping Platform.
I stamped the entire scene in Versamark onto  a piece of Watercolor cardstock  5 1/2" x 5 1/2". It was then heat embossed with Cerulean. I used different elements from the three stamp sets, to make up my scene.  
Next I just took the Nuvo Embellishment MoussesCornflower BluePeony Pink and Indian Gold with my water brush filled with water and painted them over the scene, blending them in to one another as I went. The embossing powder resisted the paint for the most part and I used a paper towel to take of any puddling on top of the embossing powder. 
Then I looked at my scene and saw that two of my ducks were flying upside down!! So how to remedy that little scenario? Let's cover them up with some sentiments!
I stamped the sentiments in Versamark and heat embossed with Cerulean on the watercolor cardstock. They were fussy cut into banners and a little blue background was added to each of them and then they were popped up on mounting tape. Now I had three normal ducks!
This was layered to a piece of blue cardstock and then to the white card base. Here is the version I did for my Dad (with all the ducks in the the correct direction). I think this would also work well as a Father's Day card. It goes together quickly too!


Here is a list of products used in this project:
Embossing Powders: Cerulean (EP421)
Hope you liked my share today? Thanks for stopping by today,
Shona

9 comments:

  1. Loved how you have used so many stamps on this card ,the scene has turned out Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful,scene, Shona. Had to smile at your upside down ducks, but you rescued the scene brilliantly with the added sentiment. Can't wait for my stamping platform to arrive. Should be here any day now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Shona! David will be so happy with this beautiful creation (Happy Birthday, David!). It's a lovely card, my sweet friend! Too funny about the stamped ducks. I didn't even notice. I wonder what went through your mind when you saw that? LOL It's something I would definitely do - I would never have known there was a boo boo had you not mentioned it. Wishing you a fantastic weekend! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous scene you created for your hubby! I love all the shine on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! What a WONDERFUL scene, I LOVE it and so different in blue, great "repair" to the card, love the shading colours. Did I say I LOVE the cards? - well I do.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Shona, this is a gem ~ so detailed and striking! Every time I visit your blog, I feel like I'm in a classroom for crafts :) Beautiful card made with beautiful products! I'm sure your hubby loved this card very much ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona this is so wonderfully crafted.
    This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our current challenge below.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shona, what a great card. Love how you used that stamping platform. Sure does make stamping & creating easier. Your husband will love the card. And I also like how you "fixed" the ducks flying upside down. LOL Great card and thanks for the info - as always you are so informative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so lovely! I love the use of the mousses. They give a beautiful effect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!