Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Nature's Elegance

Hi there,

Back again to share with you one of my cards from the awesome October Reveal. Today I am using the beautiful set Lovely as a Leaf Set 869. So appropriate for this time of the year and there are lots of Nuvo products used on this card too.
I began making the background and the leaf embellishments by embossing Tonic Mirror Cardstock Rose Platinum and Harvest Gold with the Darice Foliage embossing folder. I die cut the center out of each background using Sizzix Framelits 661840 Die Set. I fussy cut four of the "gold " center leaves out using my 5" Tonic Mini Scissors. The leaves were used as the embellishments to the Rose Platinum background and then I had the opposite set for another card.
The leaf stamp was stamped with Acorn Brown on white cardstock using the Tonic Stamp Platform.
The lid was removed, and the image was colored with Aquaflow markers, keeping the image in place on the platform.
An acrylic block was used as a paint palette for the markers. The Nuvo Aqua Brush Pen was used as the water brush.
Once the image was dry I applied the Anti Static Bag before applying Nuvo Clear Mark to the stamp again and then returning the lid to the platform the image was stamped over the top of the image and heat embossed with Clear Detail. This gave a nice raised shiny appearance to the leaf.
The same process was done with the sentiment. First Acorn Brown and then Nuvo Clear Mark was heat embossed with Clear Detail.
The leaf image was sponged with Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Lemon Sorbet.
Autumn Frost Velvet Glitter was used to make my ribbon twine. I took a piece of 1/4" Tear-ific Tape and rolled it up and dipped it in the glitter.
This was then used for the little bow for my leaves along with a copper brad.
Three of the leaves were tied into a "bouquet" with a copper brad and then the sentiment was added with mounting tape and the last leaf was added on top with tear-ific tape. The card front was layered to a black card base and some Nuvo Honey Gold Glitter Drops were added to complete the card.
Here is a list of the products used for my card today. These can all be found on the SNS website for sale just by clicking on them:
Tonic Mirror Card: Rose Platinum, Harvest Gold
Nuvo Honey Gold Glitter Drops
Hope you've enjoyed my share today!

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:
Double D Challenges: "Leave: it to me
Crafty Sentiments Designs: Leaves Challenge
Ike's World Challenges #99: AG + Autumn
The Crafty Addicts Challenge Blog #41: Autumn Colors
Dies R Us Challenge Blog #83: Leaves
See you next week,
Hugs,
Shona

20 comments:

  1. Omgoodness, where to start! I just got my TH Stamping platform a few months back and love it! I like seeing yours in action here, too! The leaf card with the accent pieces - just wow! It's such a wonderful feeling of autumn and the leaf is painted to perfection. Lovely card, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful art work Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just GORGEOUS Shona! Love the embossed mirror paper ... so striking! And, your overall design is just fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘LEAVE it to me!’ challenge and the 'Leaves' challenges at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely with all the beautiful elements! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is elegant it's reminds me of walks in the wood, cool crisp air with gorgeous colours. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Love the embossed mirrored cardstock.
    Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a WOW creation! Gorgeous, Shona! Beautiful design and a wonderful way of featuring embossing folders. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shona, this card is stunning. The mirror CS is gorgeous and the leaf embellishments you made/used are a great addition. Love the coloring of the stamped image, colors are perfect for the fall season we are in. What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your card and that leaf stamp set is so gorgeous and you made it even more so with the colors you used. The embossed leaves on the mirror looks so elegant too. I really like that you fussy cut out a few for embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really is elegant, love it!
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Shona, such beautiful work, love your tutorials, you make it all sound so simple, but one thing stood out for me, a bow out of double sided tape? WOW! I have something like that velvet glitter, I must try it, Thank you
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really gorgeous - I love the metallic frame and your fabulous colouring :-) Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great autumn card thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentimets Designs.
    Marja GDT

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGoodness Shona this is beyond gorgeous. Every little detail looks amazing. I can imagine how beautiful this is IRL. I love how you show us every little detail. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Shona!! The embossed papers are stunning with the beautifully colored leaf...a fabulous design!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic look with the rose gold mirror paper. Love the embossed leaves as extra detail and your coloring of the leaves images truly represents the colors of fall. Awesome tip with the flocking on the rolled sticky tape...what a wonderful detail to add to an already gorgeous design. You rocked this! TFS &Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the texture and shine! beautiful fall card.Thanks for playing along at Dies R Us, so happy you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges 100th Challeng good luck Christine DT for Ike's World challenge and owner of angelartscards.blogspot.com

    .·:*¨¨*:·..AngeLikeMe·:*¨¨*:·.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card!! I really loved the country scenery!!’

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!