Tuesday, November 14, 2017

SPARKLE N SPRINKLE'S NOVEMBER REVEAL

Hi and Welcome to the November
Sparkle N Sprinkle New Reveal Blog Hop!

For my reveal card this month I chose to work with the Cat's Meow Set 870. I used some white and buff flocking with highlights from Copics and Memento ink to create my three little cats. We were asked to incorporate some new Specialty Papers from Tonic this month so for my card I used the Warm Dahlia paper to make three flowers, two rugs and a cloud!! I know - I'm a little crazy!



We are pleased to reveal the following new stamp sets this month.

The sets are:



Cat's Meow 870
(Digital Version: DIGI870B)





You are definitely going to want both the digi version as well as the rubber version because when you purchase the digital versions, there are lots of extras that aren't available otherwise.  These extras can include additional images, additional sentiments, digi papers (in some cases), and a cut file.

The new sets are 20% off until the 20th of the month.  Head on over to the SNS store once you've finished the Blog Hop and start shopping.

SNS is always adding new products and new product lines to the store.  So stop by often to see what's new!


One GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be announced on the 17th of the month.  One of the Designers is our Mystery Host and the winner will be selected from comments left on her blog.  You must leave a comment on each of the Designers' blogs in order to be selected as the winner, as you never know who the Mystery Host will be.  This is checked for compliance.

The GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be announced on the SNS Facebook page and on the SNS Blog and will receive all the rubber stamp sets revealed this month.

The Blog Hop order is:
(Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to be directed to their Home page.)

Chris
Diane
Shona
Belinda
Anne
Donna
Eret
Jess


We hope you enjoy the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as we enjoy creating new projects for it.  Be sure to visit the SNS Blog for even more inspiration.  Something new is posted most every day.



Did you know that SNS has a You-Tube Channel?  If not, then you are in for a real treat.  Subscribe today to get all the latest tips and techniques!





The Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge group is on Facebook.  
This is a closed group (just trying to keep out spammers), but we want anyone who to participate to join.  Click on the link and join in on the fun today!

The Creative Challenges run from the 1st - 25th of each month.  A SNS image (either rubber or digi) is required.  If you don't have any yet - no worries - there are some freebies located on the Home page of the SNS website.  Just scroll down the page a bit to see them.

The Creative Challenge Winner and Top Three will be posted on the last day of each month.  The winner will receive a $15 Gift Certificate to go shopping at the SNS store.

Please review all the Challenge Rules before submitting your photo 😀.  We can't wait to see what all you create using SNS images.


So now on to my card. I started by making my background, using three Nuvo Embellishment Mousses: Lemon Sorbet, Citrus Green and Aquamarine


These were sponged on to white cardstock using the jumbo daubers


Next up was the barn. I cut the barn from both beige and red cardstock. The roof of the silo was cut from grey. I stuck a piece of 2 1/2" Tear-ific Tape to a piece of white cardstock and removed the protective backing. The beige border was placed on top of the tape and the little red pieces were inlaid.



The silo was sponged with Indian Gold Embellishment Mousse.


The barn was cut out with my 5" Mini Scissors and the windows and doors were glued in place using the Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.


This was set aside while I worked on the cats. A piece of 2 1/2" Tear-ific Tape was stuck down to a piece of beige cardstock. The protective backing was removed and Buff flocking was burnished in to the exposed tape.


In order to make sure that the cat would stamp well on top of the flocking, I decided to use the Stamp Platform, instead of the acrylic block. The image was stamped using the Hybrid ink Acorn Brown. I did restamp the image to get a nice crisp result.


Memento Cantaloupe was sponged on top of the flocking.


Highlights to the ears and nose were shaded with Copics. To color on top of the flocking with Copics, you just gently apply the side of the tip of the marker to the flocking.


I repeated the process for the other two cats using Snow White flocking on white cardstock and then stamping in the platform with Memento Tuxedo Black. Highlights were again added with Copics. The three cats were fussy cut using the 5" Mini Scissors and googly eyes were attached with the Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.


Here is a close-up to show the fuzziness:


My mats, flowers and the cloud (this embossed paper is white on the back) were fussy cut from a piece of the Warm Dahlia paper.


The stems of the flowers were die cut using the Tonic Woodland Aster die. The sentiment was stamped in Nuvo Clear Mark and then heat embossed with Gold Detail. This was then die cut using the Tonic Layered Clouds die.


I cut out a frame from the Warm Dahlia paper and cut out all my shapes from the middle, so as not to waste any of the cardstock. The frame was layered to white cardstock. The card front was assembled with tape and mounting tape and was layered on to the Warm Dahlia frame. Here is my finished scene:


Here is a list of the products used in my card. Most of the products can be found over on the SNS website.

Cantaloupe
Buff Flocking (FL109)
Tonic Layered Clouds Die
Tonic Woodland Aster Die
Impression Obsession Barn Die
Copics R21, E04, E07, YR23
Googly Eyes

Remember to comment on all the Designers' blogs to be in the running to win all three sets. Next on the blog hop is Belinda, she has a cute snowman scene to share with you.

I would like to join in the following challenges with my card today:
Addicted to Stamps Challenge 157: Use more than one stamp
HeARTful Stamping Challenge, Nov 12 to 19th: Anything Goes + stamp
Classic Design Team Challenge Blog: Challenge #19: Anything Goes
Scrapyland Challenge #78: Any dies that Scrapyland sells

Thanks so much for stopping by today,

Hugs,

Shona

42 comments:

  1. This is adorable Shona. Love that barn die and it goes perfectly with all the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the use of the floral embossed paper. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! I love that barn and your kitties googly eyes! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona - Your fuzzy kitties are the best! And, I love that you fussy cut out those dahlias from the matting - what an awesome way to save paper and have such gorgeous embellishments!! Woot woot! Your colors are fabulous, and I love that moussed background. This card is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for inspiring me to do cards with cats

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS card!
    LOVE your scene and REALLY COOL furry cats!
    Thank You for sharing and INSPIRING, DEFINITELY NEED to get some flocking to try NOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those kitties and so sweet, love the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow wow WOW! Shona, your kitties are so crazy! I love their googly eyes and fun colors. Fantastic use of the embossed papers and especially the pretty colors of mousse. When you use those types of applicators, do you reuse them over and over in the same color? Or do you wash them and use them in all the colors? Your barnyard scene is fabulous, and I like that those mischievous kitties are walking in the flowers - my kitty enjoys smelling the flowers. Really fun scene! love, de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to use the jumbo daubers Donna as I find they make the mousse coverage less streaky. So yes I do bring them down and wash them and then can reuse them with any other color after.

      Delete
  9. Shona your card is absolutely AWESOME...love, love the kitties and how you have used th epapers and well I LOVE the entire card, so creative and clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Google eyes are the perfect accent for these cats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the flocking and you make it look so nice. I need lessons from you mine never looks as good. Just love the barn too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a super card! I just love it! Great job and sooooo cute! We have 3 cats and they keep us on our toes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The best place to find cats. Down home on the farm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card Shona. Neat how you used the specialty paper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your creative aspect these are really cute and love the products used

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute card, Shone. Love the treatment and coloring you chose for the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card. Love the cute and fun cats.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These cats are so cute. Thanks for the coloring lesson. It was very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a cute scene. It reminds me of the barn cats we have on our farm.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this flocking, now I have to get busy and do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Shona! Another incredible posts with pictures to inspire and a card that is absolutely fabulous and fun! I love your farm scene and the use of the Nuvo is perfect- so delightful:) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What you have done here is amazing Shona. A really fabulous farm scene Those cats are so adorable especially with the google eyes. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the way you did this card, I love kitties(and the google eyes) made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  24. Darling card!Love those cute kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like all the ways you used the Tonic Mousse. I love your "Fur ball" cat and the Google eyes. I like using them when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Love the technique. Card is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! You have really given these cats some personality, love the eyes, this is what my cat looked like after some cat nip, lol! Love the fun put into this card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've never stamped on or colored flocking before. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  29. FABulous fun card..love the cats and their googly eyes..
    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Chrissy DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...



    ReplyDelete
  30. Your card is so cute. Will definitely have to try the flocking! You make coloring look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your card! Now I have to try flocking!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awww, this is so awesome...love your scene with the cats and the fab sentiment!
    Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  33. love the technique. I'm going to give a try.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your project! Thanks so much for playing along in our Theme Challenge at Catch the Bug! Hope you will join us again real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Instantly the cats made me smile-the googly eyes were a nice touch! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I just love this love all the techniques you have used Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  37. Shona, as a cat lover this card makes me think of my kitty. I think this card is adorable. Great coloring and the barnyard scene is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is so absolutely adorable!! The kitties are so sweet!! I love all of the beautiful shimmer!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!