Thursday, December 7, 2017

MERRY AND BRIGHT!

Hi there,

This morning I'd like to share a card using the cute Snowman Couple - Christmas Set 872 from the November Reveal.


Isn't this the cutest little couple? I stamped the couple on to white cardstock in Black Memento ink using the Tonic Stamp Platform.


I removed the lid and worked on my coloring, using Copics, while leaving the stamped image on the platform.


This allowed me to come back and apply Nuvo Clear Mark ink onto the stamp and place stamp on top of the colored version and then heat emboss with Clear Detail powder.


This gives a lovely shiny raised outline to your images:


After fussy cutting the snow couple with my Tonic 5" mini snips I applied White Blizzard Glitter Drops to the baubles and the buttons. This was then set aside to dry, while I worked on my card base. I used the Tonic Merry and bright die, running it through my Tangerine. I then daubed the entire card base with Powder Blue embellishment Mousse.


Spellbinders Mega Oval die was used to cut the top out of a piece of the Freshwater Pearls Specialty Papers from Tonic. These are cotton based papers and I had difficulty cutting through them with my Big Shot but the Tangerine went through them like butter! My Cutterpillar also had issues, but the Tonic Guillotine had no problem.


I had some glittery foam self adhesive snowflakes that I had never used so I adhered a few of them around the card front, then popped up my snow couple. I added the Powder Blue Embellishment Mousse to the snowflakes and added some Sparkling Snow Glitter, quickly before it dried, to make the background more monochromatic.


A part of the cut out oval was then turned around and attached to the base of the card as a snow drift, which finished my project for the day. 


Here is a list of the products I used in my project, most of which can be found on the SNS website:

Spellbinders Mega Ovals Dies
Copics: Y17, C1, BG01, B34, B63, RV02, V04, V15

I'd love to join in the following challenges:

World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #28: Anything Goes
Classic Design Team Open Challenge #20: Anything Goes
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge 20: Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown #371: Christmas Scene
Always Fun Challenge #35: Snowmen
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round: December Challenge
Sweet Stampin' Christmas November Challenge: Anything Goes
Mod Squad Challenge: What a Flake! (use a snowflake)
Crafty Gals Corner Challenge # 152: Anything Goes
Cards und More #199: Snowmen
Cardz 4 Galz Challenge #62: Show Me a Snowman

Thanks for stopping by today,

Warm hugs,

Shona

19 comments:

  1. Wowser, Shona! You really pulled the plugs on this darling snow couple! I love the pastels of their apparel, and that you went back to stamp the clear ink for the EP! It looks fantastic! I also like that the snow couple is nestled into a snow bank - something you would know all about, whereas I live in sunny Florida (which, by the way, is overcast as the land prepares for a cold from coming through. Yikes! Later this week we'll have frost but the air conditioning is still on today!) Goodness, back to the card... I love the sentiment and hope to have some similar to that in my stash one day. They always add a lot of creative magic to a card, don't they? And I really like that you created the "feel" of a full moon rising behind our romantic little couple! Delightful card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Shona. The stunning background is perfect for the adorable image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with your snowman couple! I love your coloring, and I love the dies and the texture paper. Everything is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeously designed Christmas Card. Lovely work and turned out just amazing. I love that you have shown your step-by-step tutorial here. A real pleasure to view you blog. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge


    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute snowman couple image and your card design is awesome using them. I love all the glitter and shimmer used on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous couple you have here Shona. Love them - so romantic. Great choice of colours. Your clear embossing sure makes them shine. Fantabulous layout. Love it! Merry Christmas & a Guid New Year.
    PS My sister is coming to stay for the New Year so we can do our yearly tradition - Watch the Tattoo. I even have a show stored for her on the makings of it. Going to love watching that all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card and love the stamp. The colors you chose to use are great and perfect for the snowman couple. I especially like the die you used on the top of the card. and that paper - so cool. Looks like a blizzard. LOL As always, thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Shona..and I love how you came back with the clear embossing powder...a wonderful idea and use of the Platform...I will have to remember that trick...so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous make, thanks for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
    Angie DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous love the back ground Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm back with my other hat, Shona! So glad I got to see this beauty showcased at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. Hope to see more of your pretty creations in the future. Please check back to see if you have won a badge.
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't tell you how much I love this card. All the elements work perfectly together, from the texture on the background paper, to the die cut elements, to the black heat embossing after you have colored it beautifully. Not to mention that sweet little image. I just adore everything about this card! Great take on the snowflake challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at The Mod Squad!
    Judy~ Mod Squad DT and Challenge Host
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shona - I get to comment AGAIN on your amazing snowman couple! I just love this card - the colors, the awesome textured paper, the sweet snowflakes, everything about this card is a winter wonderland. Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz and sharing your beautiful card. -Chris, DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Indeed a delightful & sweet Snowie couple, and your coloring is fab. I love the idea of overembossing with the clear ink to get the sheen on the coloring (always forget to try it!) Creative idea to use the Mega oval to get that cutout, and the 'snow' effect is truly beautiful. Don't believe I've seen this product before. I'm hearing some good things about the Tangerine too. Nuvo may replace the dried mousse once that M.O.Pearl is back in stock. I've not had great success with adding the boiled water that was recommended. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable! Love your scene. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is super cute! I love the background paper. Just love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Card und More Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Snow cute! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!