Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Whispers of Comfort

Hi there,

Glad you stopped by today! I'd like to share a card I made using the Whispers of Comfort - Hydrangea Set 883, the little flower from the Happiness Greetings Set 886, both sets from the Sparkle N Sprinkle February Reveal. I also used a sentiment from an older Sympathy Set 382.


To begin with I stamped white card with the Nuvo Clear Mark ink and heat embossed with White Detail. Then I took the Distress Oxide Faded Jeans ink pad and swiped the pad over the entire image. The white embossing powder resists the blue ink.


I then took the Nuvo Water Brush and removed the ink from the image, it didn't take out all of the ink, but it took out the majority of the color. I also sprayed water, using the Nuvo Light Mist Sprayer, over the entire image, which gave the background a lovely mottled look.


Then I made my palette of water colors on my acrylic block. I used Aqua flow Pens Spiced Ginger, Lilac Blossom, Indigo Dawn and Fresh green.


The image was colored in - mixing water from the Nuvo Water Brush with the ink from the palette.


After the image was colored I made the frame using the three outside dies of the Tonic Topnote Trellis Layering Die. I cut this in my Tangerine out of the Craft Perfect Ivory Bouquet paper. Look at the detail of this gorgeous paper!


I then used the same two outline dies to cut out a piece of white card, layered with Super Adhesive Sheet.


The protective layer was removed and then the Ivory Bouquet die cut was placed on top, and the new Microfine Ocean Breeze Glitter was applied to the sticky surface.


When I put the colored image behind the frame, I didn't like the way the white lines showed at some spots, so I applied some Ocean Breeze glitter over the white line using the Nuvo Medium tip pen to give a glitter distressed look. Bubblegum glitter was also added to the flowers using the finer tipped Sakura Quickie Glue Pen.


Lemonade glitter was then applied to the butterfly using the Quickie Glue Pen.


The sentiment was stamped in Nuvo Clear Mark and heat embossed with Cerulean. This was then edged with some of the Distress Oxide Ink, Faded Jeans.


The white flowers were sprayed with water using the Nuvo Light Mist Sprayer then I touched the petals with the purple ink from my palette and allowed the ink to bleed into the petals.


When they were dry, I applied Bubblegum Glitter using the Nuvo Medium Glue Pen.


The easel card base was cut using the outside of the Tonic Topnote Trellis Layering Die.


The base was applied with the Oxide Distress Faded Jeans ink. Then the sentiment and flower were stamped in Clear Mark ink on to a piece of pink cardstock, that matched the outside sentiment. I used the Tonic Stamp Platform for this, swiping first with the Anti-Static Bag, to avoid any stray specks of the Cerulean embossing powder.


After assembling the card, I decided to add a few little Wedgewood Blue Nuvo Crystal Drops.


... and those drops finished off my card for today.


I hope you have enjoyed your visit today. Below is a list of the materials that I used in my project today, most of which can be found on the Sparkle N Sprinkle Website.

Sympathy Set 382
Nuvo Clear Mark, Distress Oxide Faded Jeans
Aqua Flow Pens: Spiced Ginger, Lilac Blossom,
Indigo Dawn, Fresh Green
3 white flowers
Mounting Tape

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:
Crafty Creations Challenge #360: Anything Goes
Frilly and Funkie: Dare to Resist
Scrapy Land Challenge #84: Anything Goes
Cards 4 Galz Challenge #65: Stamping
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #2: Anything Goes
Classic Design Team Open Challenge #22: Anything Goes

Hope to see you back again soon!

Shona

15 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! what a gob smackin' gorgeous card you created here Shona. Once more so much detail and how this stunningly beautiful card was made. Love all the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very gorgeous! A great combination of die cuts, layers and stamped images. Wonderful coloring and awesome glitz and glimmer on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! This is absolutely Stunning Shona, from the frame, the stamping, the colours, the flowers and your wonderful step by step by step tutorial ALL Fabulous. (I think even I could follow the steps.) LOL. Love Everything.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous make, thanks for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
    Angie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top work here and the end result looks brilliant. Well done. I love it. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely. Love the sparkle. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Jane DT for  http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely image, and perfect for so many occasions. Enjoyed seeing the process of creation of the focal centerpiece, and adding the shading with the extra inking certainly added so much dimension. Love that wonderful trellised frame and how you make it sparkle so much. The flowers were a gorgeous addition and this is one of the prettiest sympathy cards I think I've yet seen. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shona, wow, Wow, WOW!! Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my dear friend!! Oh your card is just a breath of fresh air and spring beauty ! I almost feel like you can smell the flowers straight through the computer ! Beautifully designed and so much texture and technique and this vivid color of purple is fantastic :) Inky hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so stunning, Shona!! The details are amazing!! I love the design and the gorgeous sparkle!! It's spectacular!! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shona, this is one spectacular card! I love the way you resisted and really used your sparkle! Thank you for your brilliant tutorial! It was really fun to see how this came together! Thank you, too, for playing along at Frilly and Funkie for our Dare to Resist challenge. Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning card Shona! Love the watercolouring and touches of sparkle on this beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the glitter! Thank you for sharing with us at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Jacqueline DT World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!