Thursday, March 15, 2018

Gilded Elephant Birthday Wishes

Hi there,

Thanks for stopping by! Today I'd like to share with you a card using the new March Reveal Amazing You Paisley Elephant Set 884. This fun stamp has so many possibilities - I chose to highlight my elephant with the Sunkissed Copper Gilding Flakes.


To begin I took the Nuvo Large Glue Pen and ran it over the surface of the elephant and then stamped on to a piece of black card.



You need to leave it a little while until the "creamy" color goes clear, which means that the glue is ready to be applied with the gilding flakes.



I applied the Sunkissed Copper gilding flakes to the glue. Using a textured dauber I removed the excess flakes.



The Copper Flakes only stay where the glue is.



For the background I cut black cardstock with the Tonic Floral Blooms die using the Tangerine.


This was then placed over a piece of Sticker Paper and then the Gilding Flakes were applied to the sticky surface.


Again, the excess Gilding Flakes were rubbed off using the texture dauber.


A strip of pompoms was stuck to the top of the floral background with 1/4" Tear-ific Tape. I added some Autumn Spice Microfine Glitter over the top of the ribbon, so that any adhesive would be covered.




This was layered to a piece of rust cardstock and I made the easel card base from rust cardstock and attached the front panel to the card base. Next I applied Hybrid Ink Acorn Brown to the elephant stamp and stamped on two scraps of the rust cardstock.



Once this was dry I swiped each piece with the Anti Static bag then stamped the sentiments on to each of the pieces in Nuvo Clear Mark ink and heat embossed with Black Detail.




The sentiments from the same set were cut out and stuck to little black strips that had two folds on either edge so that they would have some height to them to be used as stops for the easel. The elephant was attached with mounting foam to finish off the card.


Hope you've enjoyed my latest share? Here are the products that I used to create my card:


Black Detail (EP171)
Autumn Spice (GM2030)

Note that Sparkle N Sprinkle is trying something new this month instead of our traditional Blog Hop. You will be eligible to win a $20 gift certificate when you leave a comment both here and over on the SNS blog (you must do both to be eligible). One lucky winner will be chosen from one of the Designers' posts on the last day of each month. The winner will be announced on the 3rd of the following month, both on the SNS Blog and on the SNS Facebook page. Thanks for leaving us some love and good luck!

Unitl next time,

Shona

8 comments:

  1. What an amazing card, Shona! I've never used gilding flakes, but they look beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of the gilding flakes Shona, way to make that elephant take center stage. I think the DT all had a little gilding flake fun this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of using an Elephant on a card like this ! Loved the use of gilding flakes and pompom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, I am in awe! Your talent is always impressive and I love your tutorials! I've never used gilded flakes - but it looks intriguing! If I could pull off a card this beautiful, i think I'd give it a try at least once :) Oh and I won a little $5 GC for the name the puppy so I'm heading there now! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is just an awesome design and fabulous gilded creation. Great image and cover plate too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More great ideas Shona, where do you get them from? I LOVE the gilded elephant and the glitter on the ribbon, that's a super idea too. I really must get mine out and "try" and get something done with them. Thanks for the tutorial.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Such an amazing creation, Shona, with that awesome background and all the gilding flakes - also a fabulous tutorial - thank you! I love all your designs, but this one really speaks to me with the combination of exotic images and details, and your trade-mark love for others and the encouragement and support you seem endlessly offering. Thank you for being my friend! And thank you for sharing your marvelous creation. love, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very intricate & such an interesting design using this elephant. Quite exotic, with all the details you've added into this pretty card. I will have to try the Nuvo glue (don't have the large, but have the other sizes). I recently tried gilding flakes, which are so beautiful, using the Flitter glu. Let it get tacky, and it still made an awful mess. Yours looks terrific. Someone also suggested I use the sticky paper to, so if I try again, I'll keep this in mind. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!