Thursday, March 14, 2019

The Luck of the Irish!

Hi there,
Today I'd like to celebrate the upcoming St. Patty's Day with my card using the Lil' Garden Cottage Set 943 along with the Lil' Leprechaun Digi Set 3154.
I started with stamping the cottage in my stamp positioner on to kraft cardstock.in Hybrid ink Acorn Brown. I colored the cottage using a bleach pen and some Copics. 

I then placed the image back in the stamp positioner and inked up the stamp with Versamark and heat set with Clear Detail. 

I die cut and embossed light green cardstock with the Spellbinders Card Creator Deco Lux 2. Super Adhesive Sheet was attached to the back and 24KT Gold was burnished in to the sticky adhesive. 

I then printed out the pot of gold and the leprechaun from the digi set. I inked the pot of gold all over with Versamark and heat embossed with Clear Detail 

I used my Versamarker Pen to apply Smokey (one of the new Super Thick Powders) to the pot.  

One last application of Versamarker and then heat embossed with Super Thick Clear - lovely shiny pot! 

A piece of the green cardstock was cut with the Tonic Good luck die. It was applied with Versamark and heat embossed first with Clear Detail then again with Smokey. 

A piece of 2 1/2" Tear-ific Tape was attached to another scrap of the green cardstock and was die cut with the Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio Two. The protective backing was peeled off the tag and the Good Luck was stuck to the adhesive, with 24KT Gold being burnished in to the remaining sticky area. 

The Leprechaun was then glittered up with various green glitters, MargaritaLator GatorGecko and Shamrock, applied with the Nuvo Smooth Precision Pen. 


A piece of green organdy ribbon was threaded through the tag die cut and adhered at the back of the card before being layered to a white card base. The cottage, leprechaun and pot of gold were all adhered to the card front with mounting foam.
 
I hope you have enjoyed my share today. Below are the products that I used in my project today. Most of these can be found in the Sparkle N Sprinkle Store. You can use my personal code ShonaDT10 at the checkout for a further 10% off. 
Acorn Brown Hybrid Ink
Tonic Good Luck Die
Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio Two
Spellbinders Card Creator Deco Lux 2
Bleach
Copics
Foam Pads
Green Ribbon
I'd like to join in the following challenges with my card:
Scrapy Land Challenge #109: Use a die that Scrapy Land carries.
Classic DT Challenge #03: Anything Goes
Craft Stamper Make it Take it Challenge March: ATG
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday: Add some green!
Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge #411: Use Green or Gold

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shona

8 comments:

  1. So many wonderful details on this card!! Love all the sparkles and the die cut behind the images is just wonderful! Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month where it's all about spring or something green (or both)!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful St. Patrick's Day design and I love the all the shimmer and shine on it. You did an awesome job on making it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow WOWOW! Shona, I love this card - the SB die is awesome with the glitter behind it (sigh, I am a SB lover), and the gorgeous greens and golds look wonderful together! The dimension on that GOOD LUCK is "fool-worthy" meaning it fooled me into thinking you had made it with a hot glue gun before I read your post. Another WOW! I also label my VM pads so I know which ones to use on which projects - never use a good pad on dark colors LOL. FABULOUS card, my sweet Scottish friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great images used together Shona. A Super card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What e beautiful card!! I love the use of dimension on your words!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colouring!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so amazing, Shona!! The leprechaun is so cute!! I love the gorgeous sparkle and all of the fabulous details!! It's so stunning!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't have that festival here but your card is so adorable. I especially love the way you made that pot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!