Friday, October 11, 2019

Glittered Snowman

Hi there, 

Today I have my second card for Dies R Us with another glittered project for Christmas. This time I chose to use the Tutti Designs Arched Fir Branch with the Tutti Designs Jolly Snowman peeking out from behind.


Here are the two dies I used on my card today:




For my background I started with the Sizzix Plaid and Snowflake embossing folder set, running the snowflake folder through my machine.


Next I worked on the snowman. First I die cut him from a piece of white cardstock applied with a layer of Super Adhesive Tape.   


Different parts of him were then cut from red, green, orange and black cardstock to "color" him in.


The protective backing of the adhesive was picked off the scarf, and inlaid with the red card, and I continued until all the colors were done.


Then I picked off the outline of the die cut and put down Snow White flocking.


I used Cherry Sparkle and Irish Sparkle to add to the inlaid pieces of the scarf and hat.



Twinkling Clouds was applied to the little swirls on his belly, but the contrast in the design did not show up as well as I'd have liked, so I decided to redo his belly. I die cut a piece of white cardstock layered with the Super Adhesive Tape again and then cut out the shape of the belly and picked out the little swirls.


This time the details showed up much better!



The Arched Fir Branch was then die cut from olive green cardstock and attached to the top of the front panel. The snowman was tucked under the fir branch with mounting tape.



The card front was layered to red before being layered to the card front. Happy Holidays from Sparkle N Sprinkle Sayings Set 223 was stamped along the bottom in Memento Love Letter Ink and that finished my card off for today. 

Here is a list of the products that I used today:

Sparkle N Sprinkle Christmas Sayings Set 223
Memento Ink Love Letter
Tutti Designs Arched Fir Branch
Tutti Designs Jolly Snowman
Sizzix Plaid and Snowflake Set embossing folders
Snow White Flocking (FL101)
Twinkling Clouds (FL201)
Irish Sparkle (FL213)
Cherry Sparkle (FL200)

I hope you've enjoyed my share today?

Till next time,

Shona

10 comments:

  1. Super card, Shona. Lovely design and the snowman is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and fun! I love the wonderful design and that glittery snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Shona! Thanks for the fabulous stamping class today! I always appreciate your thorough photo tutorials. Your use of sparkle, flock and color is just beautiful.that wonderful snowman won’t want to leave his pretty scene! It won’t be long before you can make him a girlfriend in your yard! Delightful card, Shona. Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute snowman card Shona, and of course I always, always love all the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cute glittery snowman. Such a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful and more great ideas Shona..
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Shona! I have that Jolly Snowman, and he's fun to play with! I really like what you did with it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So elegant and beautiful Shona!!! My latest post also features a snowman...what a coincidence!!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Shona. The snowman looks good all sparkly and I love that arched branch. (I think I need it :-). )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!