Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Brayered Nativity

Hi there,

Today I have a card for Christmas at Sweet Stampin' with the option of trees. I went for a less traditional Christmas tree - palm trees!



The palm trees in this sweet nativity scene waved to me as I thought what I was going to do for my card this month.



I brayered a piece of glossy white cardstock with the Kaleidacolor Creole Spice ink pad. 



I ran the die over both the brayered panel and a navy panel (which had been die cut with the Cross Stitched Frame Border). The positive part of the die was inserted into the negative of the navy panel. Then a piece of yellow cardstock was layered with a piece of Super Adhesive Sheet. 



After removing the protective backing the blue panel was layered over the yellow cardstock. Daisy glitter was then burnished on top of the sticky surface. This added a "glow" to the background.



The nativity scene panel was layered to blue corrugated cardstock and then a gold ribbon was tied around the base before being layered to a blue cardfront.



Here are the products I used on my project today:


Kaleidacolor Creole Spice Ink Pad
Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Borders
Die-namites Nativity Scene
2 ½” Tear-ific Tape
Daisy Semi Transparent Microfine Glitter
Brayer
Gold Ribbon

Blue Corrugated Cardstock

Well we didn't see much of a Fall here this year. No snow yet, but that's only because
there is no precipitation! I just returned yesterday from a four day stay in Arizona, it was
a bit of a whirlwind tour, but I enjoyed every minute of it! Hard to come back from
86 degrees to 36!! We were staying in a resort in Scottsdale where there was a very well
kept canopy of date palm trees. Maybe this was the inspiration for my card! Also a night
time scene.



Join us for the challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. We'd love to see what you do
with your tree stamps!

Thanks for stopping by today. Warm hugs from New Jersey!

Shona



8 comments:

  1. Nice technique, Miss Shona! Loving your choices of colors, too. I believe where Jesus was born that they had palm trees, so it is really traditional in that sense! They ate dates and such as a main stay of their diet! So this is a great die, and it looks beautiful the way you've done it! Of course, I especially like your shining glitter! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a gorgeous photo of the palm trees!
    Your card is beautiful! I love the way you inked it, and the addition of the corrugated piece! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great look. I love how you did the colors and then die cut the design. And, a perfect card to show the true meaning of Christmas. The yellow glitter is perfect with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous and creative, you have the BEST creative ideas! I do imagine it was hard to leave AZ and back to the cooler NJ...looks like a long cold winter here...oh well, I can stay in my creative room and hibernate LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Shona, love your card, the Nativity cut is wonderful. Love your inspiration palms too.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful! I love the inlay die look. Your card looks illuminated. That palm tree picture is gorgeous. I know you enjoyed your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning effect hun! Love how you did this, the stamping is sublime and a beautiful creation to boot! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!