Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Warm Winter Wishes

Hi there, 

My March header - Spring has sprung! I have a little roundel every Spring that just erupts with crocuses! Today I went out with my camera when it was above 70 degrees! The local honey bees were having a field day!! Unfortunately not mine, as I lost both hives in December due to the Varroa mite, but I'm determined that the same thing won't happen this year! 

Here is my monthly card for Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. This month the theme was to be CAS. I hope this actually works as a clean and simple card. I left lots of white space and the only "dimension" is from the Nuvo Glitter Accents that I used for the melting snow. My little snowlady was die cut from the Cottage Cutz Sweet Snowman, which was another die that I won from Lori Kobular's blog, during the Turner Syndrome Blog Hop. Thanks again, Lori!


This was simple to make. First I took the Sweet Snowlady and I die cut the different colored pieces from scrap pieces of cardstock.


When I didn't have a scrap of the color I wanted, I colored the pieces with Memento Potter's Clay (the arms) and the nose was colored with Copic marker YR04.


I added the little hearts to the scarf and adhered the rim and pompom to the hat with Best Glue Ever. These were set aside to dry. I stamped the sentiment from an old Sparkle N Sprinkle Set called Holiday Penguins in my stamp positioner on to watercolor paper with Versafine Clair Nocturne. 


The stamped watercolor panel was taped down to the white card base and then I added a "mound" of Fresh Snowfall Glitter Accents. 


The "left-overs" of the snowlady were then tucked into the snow!


This was left to dry overnight!
Here is a close-up:


This was so much fun to make. I think I'll be making a few more for next Christmas. It's a good way to use up snippets too! Below are all the products that I used today:

SNS Holiday Penguins 384
Cottage Cutz Sweet Snowman die
Nuvo Glitter Accents Fresh Snowfall
Memento ink Potters Clay
Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink
Copic Marker YR04

I hope you've enjoyed my share today?

See you next time!

Shona

11 comments:

  1. How fun to create a melting snow man !Clever way to show rising tempratures !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, poor little snowlady! Brilliant card Shona, I really like the font on the sentiment stamp too!
    our blog header is stunning---yay for spring!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is the cutest! I love how you made it look like snow. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe, your melting snowman is so sweet Shona and that sentiment is SO perfect! Very clever design. Really love this. Thanks for all your wonderful contributions to CaSS over the years and enjoy the new blog! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable and the warm wishes melted the little snowman. What a cute idea and love the snow you added to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor snow'wo'man melting here Shona. She looks amazing just before she disappears in the snow. Very clevely thought out card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card, Shona! That little lady should come live here...she'd be just fine! lol I love your beautiful new header! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! Shona what a brilliant fun card, I LOVE what you have achieved, great thinking. Love the crocus header, looks so beautiful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Shona! I am in love! This card is one of the sweetest I've seen in forever! I love the texture and dimension for the puddled snowman and all his attire keeping his dear puddle warm. LOL It's such a beautiful creation! I especially like that it is CAS - I am trying to hard to do CAS cards! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever~clever idea this is and so stinkin' CUTE!!! Made me smile big time, so very creative Shona...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay STOP! This is absolutely DARLING!!! What a clever use of the small snippets and just so adorable! What a fun card, Shona - so glad I didn't miss seeing this one, I'm smiling for the first time in awhile! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!