Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Holly Season's Greetings

Hi there and welcome to May! I've been missing for a while, between the kitchen renovations, and then battling with families of raccoons up above the garage, where I normally stamp! So, needless to say, I've not been doing much of anything up there! We caught another two on Friday night in have-a-heart traps, but there are probably more to be caught!  The pest control ran out of traps!!

Thankfully the weather has started to get really nice, tonight is the last of the frost warnings and I am looking forward to planting my annuals on Thursday!! In the meantime, my perennials have been keeping me amused. Columbine, such a dainty and beautiful plant is my header for May.

Anyway, on to my card today, which is for the Christmas Craft Creations Design Team.  


This month the theme is:


Of course, I couldn't make up my mind what die to use, so I ended up using 4!

I began with die cutting the Tutti Holly Panel from green cardstock.


Sticker paper was attached to the back of the panel and then I added Cherry Sparkle flocking.


Then I stuck a piece of 2 1/2" Terrific-Tape down on white cardstock and cut it out with the Spellbinders Mega Oval Large die.


The Winterland Holly was cut from the same green cardstock.


The Tonic Season's Greetings sentiment was then cut from red cardstock and both of the dies were arranged on top of the sticky oval.


The remaining sticky surface was then applied with Snow White Flocking.

The front panel was taped to a red card base and then the sentiment was added with mounting tape. A few self-adhesive rhinestones were added for the holly berries.


Below you can see the dimension and fuzziness of the flocking a bit better!


Here is a list of what I used on my card today:

Cottage Cutz Winterland Holly
Tutti Designs Holly Panel
Tonic Season’s Greetings
Spellbinders Mega Oval Large
Sticker Paper
2 ½” Tear-ific Tape
Cherry Sparkle Flocking
Snow White Flocking
Self Adhesive red rhinestones


I hope you've enjoyed my share today?

Please leave a comment and then head on over to the Christmas Craft Creations blog where you can see all the other Designer's creations and then upload yours to the link. All you need to do is use a die cut!! How easy is that?

I'd like to join in the following challenges:

The Holly & the Ivy Challenge #71: Anything Goes
Unicorn Challenge Blog #54: Use Dies
MLCCB #22: Anything Goes
CHNC Challenge Blog #489: Include a tree (Holly)
Crimbo Crackers Challenge #210: Use a Die Cut
Fezziwigs says anything festive goes Challenge #10

Stay safe everyone!

Shona

15 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning Shona, a beautiful design using a lovely selection of die cuts, love the traditional red/green combo, the flocked background provides a great contrast and lovely texture.
    Hope you win the battle with the raccoon invasion!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Christmas card. Love the dies and the red jewels that look like berries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a fantastic and beautiful Christmas design. I just love all the dies you chose to use for it too. And, the flocking and jewels make it look so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, your header, aren't these the most wonderful of flowers in so many different colours and shapes? Love them too. Your Racoons? I wouldn't know what to do with those, as you know we don't have them in the UK, so they look cute, but I guess their a "pest".
    Your card is just wonderful with the texture, design and a wonderful Christmas message, Love it Shona.
    Keep safe and well.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
    DT Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your card is beautiful, What agreat design, I love the different textures you have used. Golly the raccoons sound like they could be a real issue!! Hope you get them all caught soon. Thanks for joining in with me over on Fezziwigs Festive Frolics, stay safe, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous...both your card and your May header! I love the addition of the flocking, Shona! It makes it look so soft and cozy! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Christmas card and love all the dies you used.Thank you for joining us at Unicorn
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Shona, I don't know why but I love~love a Christmas card with holly on it and this lone is no exception, like I said VERY pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Schona, cute card. This frame from the die cuts looks beautiful and it is decorated nicely.
    Thank you for joining The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge

    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}>

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work. Thank you for joining Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Raccoons? OMGosh! We went camping once and they broke into our tent and stole the food, LOL! I imagine it was distracting for your crafting - but you came back with some WOW with this card!
    I love that you used 4 different dies and make such a great focal point of the leaves - just beautiful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!