Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Warmest Snowman Wishes

 Hi there, and welcome to September!

Isn't it crazy how quickly the summer just passed by? We're enjoying a little cooler weather now - though today we are back up at 86 degrees - we'll soon be able to open the windows! The butterflies are slowing down, not that they were very profuse at all this year. However, I started tagging my Monarchs that I have reared this summer and they will be heading to Mexico shortly. I've had many more Black Swallowtails this year, but if I didn't catch them as eggs, I'm afraid they got parasitized as caterpillars. The last four of the chrysalises bore Parasitoid Wasps instead of beautiful butterflies 😢.

My header for September is the last hatched one that dodged the bullet! Mother Nature can be so cruel. It also makes me feel better about bringing in the Monarchs as soon as I see the egg being laid.

So anyway, on to my card for the Christmas Craft Creations design team, where this month we were to asked to create a shaped card.


As you can see, I went with a snowglobe shape. I had received the stamp set as a freebie with a magazine and it came with an embossing folder. 


After fussy cutting the snowglobe I then traced it on to a piece of folded cardstock for the backing of the card and die cut the middle.



Next I colored the base of the snowglobe using a sponge with Memento inks - Desert Sand and Peanut Brittle.


The scene was then stamped on to the top of the folded piece of cardstock, using the stamp platform. 


The scene was colored in with Stampin' Up pencils. After which I heat embossed the image with Sparkle embossing powder.


The snowglobe frame was also embossed with Sparkle embossing powder before being stuck down over the image.


Some Nuvo Glitter Accents Fresh Snowfall was added to the tree branches and the ground for a more snowy effect. and that finished up my card for today.


Here is a list of the products used in my card today:

Beautiful moments: Embossing Folder & Stamp Collection

 (freebie from magazine)

Versafine Clair Nocturne ink

Stampin’ Up watercolor pencils

Memento ink: Peanut Brittle, Desert Sand

Nuvo Glitter Accents: Fresh Snowfall

Tonic Circle Layering Basics die set


Hope you've enjoyed stopping by today. Check out the work of the other designers over on the Challenge blog for more inspiration and to join in with your "shaped card"!


Till next time, stay safe!


Shona

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful snowglobe card, Shona! The butterfly in your header is also beautiful. Sorry to hear you had trouble with wasps, such a shame. - Charlotte/Lady Joyful

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cute and happy snowman looks right at home in your beautiful glittery snow globe Shona, lovely frosty feel to this fabulous card.
    Your new header is amazing! I can see every detail of the butterfly, so beautiful- I'm glad this one dodged the parasites.
    How on earth do you tag a butterfly- I'm fascinated!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely cute cute and creative card! I love the shape and how you have decorated the globe, the entire card is fabulous!! Summer coming to end here, 50's today...brrr, been gone all summer we might head back home this week for a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your snowglobe! beautifully done. Thanks for sharing the process. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and very nice to see the step by step progress

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shona, that butterfly is so pretty! I love how sparkly your card is and what a fun idea to make a snowglobe shaped one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your snowglode card Shona and thanks for sharing how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Shona! Sorry to hear about your unsuccessful butterfly season, but glad to know you’re helping thru the tagging. Your darling snow,globe creation is extra sweet! The recipient will love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great snow globe card.i love the snowman scene.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! what a wonderful thing to do and rear butterflies, even though some were parasitized, you must have great pleasure in doing it Shona. As for your card, so clever and beautiful really Christmassy. Love it. I suspect in 86f you don't feel like that though LOL.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH wow, such a sweet snowglobe scene, Shona! Your blog is the second one I've read about the monarchs returning to Mexico for the summer and I honestly did not know that, LOL! They make the long trek and then their offspring return - something that like! It's HOT here, too - Miami has been way too muggy with the humidity from all the rain. Okay, back to your card! This is so sweet with the addition of the snow and sweet little sentiment and this is a perfect size to pop ON the front of an A2 card, too - the best of both worlds! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!