Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Let it Snow!

 Hi there and welcome to February! My header for this month is my two beehives in the snow. It was taken a couple of days after we received almost two feet of the white fluffy stuff! It was a bright, sunny day and although it was quite chilly, the bees were taking advantage of the sun and came out and took "cleansing flights". Bees won't poop inside the hive. If you look closely at the front of the hives, you can see several little black specks - those are a few of the bees out relieving themselves. A good sign for me that my bees are still alive! Just like us - they are eagerly awaiting the warmer days of Spring!

My card today for the Christmas Craft Creations design team is ironically "Let it Snow", made back in November, when we hadn't yet received the white stuff!!


The February Challenge theme is Blue and Silver.


I chose to paint with embossing powders this time! I ran the snowflake borders through my machine with a scrap piece of navy cardstock.


The two borders were stuck down along the top and bottom edges of a piece of white cardstock, to act as a stencil.


Versamark was then applied all over the cardstock. After applying the Versamark the "stencils" were removed. 7 different blue hues of embossing powders were ready for action!


I applied the different embossing powders one by one on to the Versamarked panel. I didn't bother to keep them separate, and now have a one of a kind embossing powder for another project!


Using my tweezers the panel was then heat embossed.


Silver Lightning embossing powder was then applied to a Versamarked Joy Crafts snowflake and was heat embossed.


The Tonic "Let it Snow" die was then die cut from silver cardstock.


The snowflake was attached to the embossed panel with a silver brad and the sentiment was attached with foam mounting strips. This was then layered to a piece of silver cardstock before being attached to a white card base.


Hope you have enjoyed my share with you today and that you will be inspired to join in with us over at Christmas Craft Creations with your own "blue and silver" project?

Below are the products that I used for my card today:

Snowflake Border die

Versamark

Background embossing powders: Carribean, By the Lake, 

  Pool side, Ice Rink, Bracing Blue, Blue Silver, Electric Blue

Snowflake die cut - Silver Lightning on top of Bracing Blue

Tonic Let it Snow die

Joy Crafts Snowflake die (6002/2020)

Silver Mirror Cardstock


I'd like to join in the following challenges with my project:

The Holly and the Ivy Challenge #87: Anything Goes

Dies R Us Challenge # 162: Use a company die that DRU carries

World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #01: Anything Goes

Christmas Crafts All Year Round February Challenge: Something that starts with C/and or D (Chilly Days)


Until next time stay warm and safe,

Shona

11 comments:

  1. Wow! What a super background and a very clever use of a die cut as a mask/stencil. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your card is gorgeous Shona, love the effect you have achieved with your embossing with your mixture of embossing powders and die cut stencils, it looks amazing- I'm going to have to try this fab technique!
    We have snow here too- only a few inches, but we don't very often get much snow here in the SE so it's a novelty for the kids! Glad your bees are surviving the winter- I didn't realise that they came out of the hive when it's really cold, fascinating!
    Keep safe.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sure did snow, over here it looks prettymuch like your card, so wel done! fabulous make

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a gorgeous creation! Thanks so much for all the details ... I would have never thought to use the snowflake die cuts as a stencil ... you are so clever!!! Well done ... beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh...gorgeous card, Shona! Snowy and wintery are my favorite! Lovely header too. It's great to see your beehives! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWSER, SHONA! How fabulous! I love that you share your bee journey with us. It's amazing to me how insects winter-over until spring time. I am completely smitten by this artsy card - LOVING all the EPs and the beautifully textured die cuts and background! It's absolutely beautiful! I also love that border die set! WOW! huggers, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous and I love all the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you show us how you make your fabulous cards Shona, this is wonderful, the effect of the mixed embossing powder, so different and amazing. The silver greeting is perfect for it.
    I didn't know that bees came out to toilet. How very interesting and I love the shape and colour of your hives. Their in such a pretty spot too.
    Keep safe
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card! I saw it on Christmas Craft Creations and was taken with the background. I love it and it is so magical. I will be inspired to try this myself if you don't mind:) I am also loving your other cards on here. I am becoming a friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and creative wintery card...BRRR! Love the pretty blues you have created with! We were just talking about Bee Hives yesterday with friends and how scary it has been to listen to the shortage of bees so am glad seeing you have hives, so fascinating!! I hope all is well with you and you are staying safe, I am so sick and tired of this pandemic and can't wait til Spring so I can be outside once again, I don't like bitter cold!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your card is absolutely magnificent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!