Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Snowflake Deer Tag

Hi there and welcome to May! My header for this month is our lovely native perennial, Columbine. Blooming just in time for another May visitor - the hummingbird! I haven't sat over in the area where it blooms to catch the hummingbirds at it, but since they are at the window feeder in the kitchen, then I'm pretty sure they will be frequenting the Columbine also.

The May Challenge over at Christmas Craft Creations is Tags or ATCs. I hope you'll be able to join us this month? I was looking for some inspiration and came across this ornament die with the deer and snowflakes. Decided to go with a bauble-shaped tag!


I die cut the top of the outline die of the ornament from a piece of silver cardstock (for the bauble topper) and then the entire die cut from a homemade piece of watercolor paper that I had in my backgrounds' drawer, which I believe had been applied with Brushos and water and while still wet, I had added some Wink of Stella. This gave a little bit of sheen to the piece.


The black cardstock was die cut using both dies.


This was then glued down on top of the die cut background piece and the little silver top was also attached with glue.


I tied a piece of green twine through the hole to finish off my tag.


I hope that you will be inspired to join in our challenge this month, with a tag or ATC?
Till next time, 

Shona


7 comments:

  1. Oh how very pretty! Love all the detail that went into this! I actually made 3 Christmas tags myself the other day, they are for a DT commitment in December, nothing like working ahead, right lol! Your blog header is so pretty, mine have not even budded yet! we are having a pretty COLD spring here in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bauble tag is gorgeous Shona, the finished project makes me think of stained glass with the bold black outlines and beautiful jewel like colours.
    love the blog header photo too- stunning as always.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Love the shape, the inked background and the deer die cut! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that die. Such a gorgeous tag and wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly your header! The Columbine (or as we call it Aquilegia) have put on a show by the look of it, such a gorgeous colour, how wonderful that you have humming birds visit.
    Your tag is a great shape and idea, love the colours, all so Christmassy. AH!
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty, Shona! The bursts of color in the background really do resemble Northern Lights, don't they? I love the idea of a shaped tag for Christmas. It can be saved as an ornament afterwards. It's beautiful! Loving your May header. We don't have Columbine down here. Now that you mention it, I've not seen any hummingbirds yet, either! My coleus have huge bloom spikes later in the season, and the hummers enjoy those, usually visiting them around dusk, so I'll keep my eyes open once they begin blooming. Wishing you a great week-end! love, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag Shona. Awesome background and in traditional Christmas colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!