Monday, October 25, 2021

Let it Snow

 Hi everyone and welcome back! Today I have another Christmas card for the Holly and Ivy Challenge. This is always an anything goes theme, so a good way to build up your Christmas card stash! I hope you will consider joining along with the challenge this month. Only two more months till the big day!!

I ran the Snowflakes embossing folder through my embossing machine with blue cardstock. I then direct inked the embossed areas with Brilliance Moonlight White pigment ink. 


This was covered with Sparkle embossing powder and once heat embossed the corners were punched with the snowflake punch.


Placing a piece of double stick tape to a scrap of white cardstock, I die cut the Memory Box Lindeman Snowflake die.


The protective backing was removed carefully:


... then Bridal glitter was applied to the sticky side! A foam mounting pad was added behind the center of the snowflake, covered also in the Bridal glitter, which would then be attached to the front of the card.


I then cut a window from the snowflake background, with the Stampin' Up window punch, I made it a little deeper to accommodate the sentiment. This was then attached to the white base card and then using the Stamp Platform, the Hero Arts sentiment was placed in the "window".

The snowflake was then added to the front of the card.


A piece of matching blue organdy ribbon was tied around the card. That finished the card for today. Below is a list of the products that I used in my card today.

Hero Arts Stamp Set CM179

Sizzix Snowflakes embossing folder

Memory Box Lindeman Snowflake die

Brilliance Moonlight White Pigment ink

Sparkle embossing powder

Versafine Clair Blue Belle ink

Clear detail embossing powder

Stampin’ Up window punch

Fiskars Snowflake corner punch

Corner rounder

Double Sided Tape

Bridal glitter

Foam mounting tape

Blue organdy ribbon


Hope I've inspired you to play along in the Holly and Ivy Challenge!


Till next time!


Shona

7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Shona, the background panel is absolutely stunning!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Shona, snowflake cards are a favorite of mine and I LOVE the pretty color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautifully frosty snowflake card, Shona! I have never used Brilliance ink pads on EFs. Thanks for the tip! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Christmas card and I love the sparkly snowflakes! Gorgeous colors used too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Shona! Gosh I haven't used my Brillance pads in ages ... thanks for inspiration! Fabulous overall design my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! Shona how beautiful, I love the inked embossing folder, the heat embossing and the sparkles, Love it.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Shona this is beautiful and so powerful in the blue. Of course the shimmer would look amazing IRL. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!