Monday, November 22, 2021

A Winter Wonderland

 Thanks for stopping by my blog today. My card is for the Holly and Ivy Challenge, where it is always an anything goes challenge. I found this old wood-mounted Hero Arts scene stamp the other day, which I've been playing around with. Here is one of the cards I made using it.


Using the Kaleidacolor Spectrum Blue Breeze ink pad with a brayer, I inked up a piece of glossy cardstock.


I then sprayed a light mist of water at the top edge of the darker blue and let the water drip down a little. This was then dried with the heat tool. Once it was dry, I rubbed the entire piece with the anti-static bag, before inking and stamping with Versafine Clair Nocturne. 


The inked image was then heat embossed with Clear Detail. After more anti-static powder was applied, I stamped the sentiment using my stamp platform also in the Nocturne ink and heat embossed with Clear Detail.


I cut the panel down a little on the top and the bottom edges and adhered it to an 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" glossy card base. A blue organdy ribbon was tied around the left edge to finish it off!


Below you can find the products I used today:

Hero Arts stamp K5524

Sparkle N Sprinkle Winter Swirl stamp set 414

Kaleidacolor Blue Breeze ink

Versafine Clair Nocturne ink

Clear Detail embossing powder

Nuvo Light mist sprayer

Blue Organdy ribbon


I hope this inspires you to join in the challenge over at the Holly and Ivy?

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American blog friends!

Hugs,

Shona

 

10 comments:

  1. Shona, What a pretty card. Love that blue background and thanks for the tutorial explaining how you did it. Those blue colors are perfect for the winter feel. Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so beautiful and I love the gorgeous background! It depicts winter well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, such a pretty card! Love the brayered colors, and your use of the stamp - I don't recall that image! Thanks for the tutorial - I imagine those hues are especially lively on the glossy cardstock! Happy Thanksgiving, Shona! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful stamp Shona and I love how you've done the background-such a lovely effect- it looks amazing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous winter scene you have created, will look that here in Michigan before long I'm sure! Your background is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card...love the blues and the midnight effect of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! Shona what a stunning card, I love the shading on the background and the beautiful stamp, what a find for you. Love the gorgeous bow too.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Shona this card is breathtaking. The background is beautiful. That stamp is a beauty too. Amazing blending and just swooning over this make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my! What a wonderful technique! I just love the beautiful blue background! A very pretty scene!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Shona. Love visiting you
    Cheers, Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!