Tuesday, February 6, 2024

HAI Cardinal Joy

 Hi there and welcome to February and more than half way through the winter! It's all about cardinals today! Outside the kitchen window in the snow and inside huddled in a painted embossed wreath! This is my card for the Holly and Ivy Challenge, which as always is anything goes.


I used the Cuttlebug wreath embossing folder together with Dees Distinctively die cut.


After embossing the wreath with white cardstock, I painted using a water brush and various colors from the watercolor palette. The cardinals were cut out of the die cut and attached to the wreath with some tape and foam pads. I stamped Joy, from the stamp set below. 


This was heat embossed with Red Apple embossing powder.

The front panel was layered to red cardstock and then to a white card base. A red ribbon was tied to the spine of the card to finish off. 


That finished my card for today! Hope I've given you some inspiration to join in the challenge. Take a look at all the other inspiration from my team mates here!

Till next time,

Shona

3 comments:

  1. Cardinals are such pretty birds, I have never seen one here in the uk although according to Google they can be seen in London which is only 30 miles away. Your card is so pretty with the birds tucked into the wreath. The header photograph is stunning!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cardinals, as is your blog header, I have only seen one cardinal here this winter and used to see dozens, hope the farmers spraying isn't doing in our wildlife!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up Shona, this is such a pretty card. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!