Sunday, September 30, 2012

AUTUMN'S IN THE AIR

Happy Autumn,

In my last post I was saying how the trees in the yard were beginning to change color - now they are beginning to lie on the ground!!  Fall is officially here in New Jersey!  Still using the Water Stamping Technique used in my last blog post, let me share a little of my backyard with you!


I sponged yellow, orange, red and green Distress inks onto glossy white paper and stamped the background leaves using the Water Stamping technique.  I then ran the piece through the tree embossing folder and used a sanding block to rub away the color from the branches and trunk. I sponged another piece of white glossy and stamped the leaves from the Fall Leaves Stampette set, which I heat embossed with Teddy Brown.  I then ran the leaves through the Sissix "Cracked" embossing folder, to give them some texture.  

Click here if you need more detailed directions.

Thanks for stopping by.





12 comments:

  1. So hard to believe that you are raking leaves, and I'm still enjoying the pool with daytime temps around 89-91. Of course, nothing is changing colors around here, except as the flowers bloom LOL Your card is so pretty, Shona! Rich colors, and "deep" textures. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love your colors and all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the water stamping and the embossed/sanded tree, Shona! Really beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still in the 90s here :) Last year we were about to depart on our Canada/New England cruise to see all the beautiful fall colors - this year - we'll be in NYC in a couple of weeks - hopefully we'll see a little bit there -
    Beautiful card by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you gave the leaves texture with the embossing folder. Makes them look crinkly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the textures on this! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona, what a beautiful card. I love the leaves and all sanded tree and the texture. Its still warm here in NKY and the leaves are just starting to turn but it will be cooler, sooner vs later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool... I love all the textures you have here... It's just great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love the tree and the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Shona what a lovely card! Really captures Autumn with the texture and colors...And yes, my leaves are now falling too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a beautiful fall card Shona. I really like the leaves with the bumps they look just like real leaves. I can almost smell the autumn in your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Fall Card. I love all the techniques you used to give this card great color and dimension.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!