Saturday, September 1, 2012

SEPTEMBER SKETCH CHALLENGE AT SPARKLE N SPRINKLE

Well, there's another month gone and Fall is just around the corner.  The leaves are already beginning to fall in our neck of the woods and it sure is nice getting a little cool air at night.  Time to open the windows and let in the fresh air?

To celebrate with the season, I decided to go with a fall theme for this sketch, using Set 228 - Harvest - Pumpkins.  I have been playing around with Water Stamping this month (it just seems to go really well with the fall colors).  You can check it out in the Tips and Techniques Section.

For the ribbon, I embossed a piece of green card and ran it through a soda tab, colored with Copper embossing powder!

Here is my card that I made for the September Sketch Challenge.  You'll find all the rules and a few designs that some of the other designers have come up with right here.  I hope you'll find the time to take a shot at our September Challenge. Good luck!


If you need full directions for the card above, you'll find them right here.

Happy Fall ......

8 comments:

  1. Love the softness of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. I am going to have to check out that water stamping. Look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bright colors for fall! I just love the pumpkin stack. I used it today for a challenge! The water technique looks like fun and I love the results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, this is a lovely card! Beautiful work. Awesome technique combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the pumpkins look - neat soft "watercolor look". And I like how you embossed them in white too!
    And I have to say, you're the soda pop top queen! Always a great unique addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the lighter toned colors on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Specifications: Broadcast and CD+ quality Linear PCM Compression. type of audio input device, 5) allow transcription from certain supported digital recorders, 6) support a certain Bluetooth device for dictation. you say it still won't boot? Ok.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!