Friday, March 1, 2013

SNS MARCH CREATIVE CHALLENGE

"IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GLITTER!"

Hi there, 

Welcome to March and the latest SNS Creative Challenge.  This month's challenge is to use glitter anywhere in your project!  Now, who out there has a problem with that? 

I was going to use my old faithful - Cloud Nine Velvet Glitter and color on it, but then changed my mind to go with an old technique - Glittered Lace Background - using some of the new Velvet Glitters that we have in the store.

Here is what I came up with:



There is glitter on every aspect of the card!  First I made the background using the Super Adhesive Sheets (SAS02) and a piece of random lace I had sitting around with two of the Velvet Glitters - Frosted Carmine Velvet Glitter and Cloud Nine. Then I covered the purple swirls with brushable glue and Celebration Velvet Glitter. Once I had "glitterfied" the butterfly I covered it with Versamark and heat embossed with Sparkle Embossing Powder.

Of course, in real life, the lace background is far more sparkly - but it still feels like fabric!  

Here's an up close and personal:



Here are the full instructions in case you need them.

So that's my show and tell for today!  Get the glitter out and get sparkly!  You have a whole month to join in the challenge. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

'Till then,

Sparkle on!

Shona 

10 comments:

  1. Can you say GLITTER? - SPARKLE? - AWESOME? - MAGICALLY TWINKLY? LOL seriously - what a magical card everywhere - and the glitter is sensitive to your lace - at first, I thought you had left the lace on the background! WOWSER! The colors must look really amazing in person, Shona - lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the glittery lace background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! I love the glittery lace background. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glitter and lace - you can't go wrong :) beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Shona! Love the lace background! Also love the word "glitterfied"!!!!! Do you play scrabble?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the lacy background - such a great technique. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona this is stunning! Love every single glittery bit and the big butterfly, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous, love the colors that you used! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I adore the glittery lace. I must try that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!