Monday, June 17, 2013

SOCCER THANK YOU

Finally got to play with the new soccer set from Sparkle N Sprinkle!


Stamp Set 504S - Soccer [00-504P5]$8.90
Stamp Set 504S - Soccer










Our youngest, Calum, had his birthday more than a month ago, and I tried to get him to write his birthday thank you notes on Friday, (after just getting them made that day!) but he went with a friend (and Mom) to a soccer tournament for the weekend, so he had to write them last night when he got home.  (Much to his dismay!!)

I needed to make ten of them, so kept it simple.  A bit of Bullfrog embossing for the "thanks" background.  Then I colored the ball and player with Copics and cut out.  Full directions can be found here if needed:



Wish the set had come out before his birthday - however, at least I got to use it for his thank you notes!  On the inside, I computer generated - "Don't worry - I saved it!", as it looked to me like it was sure to be a goal!  Our Calum is a goalie! Since we live away from Scotland, most of his pressies are monetary, so it worked out well. 

'Till next time,

Shona


8 comments:

  1. Great idea for a thank you card. Very eye catching. Love the green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome masculine creation. Love the greens.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This looks great, Miss Shona! Love the happy greens you've used, and the terrifically embossed background! Your coloring and shading look fab. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea for a thank you card! Love the glittery background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Shona, so British in style LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shona, as soon as I saw the title, I knew it had to be about your son in one way or another. Funny. And a great idea for thank you cards. Are his jersey colors green? Just wondering. Perfect embossing and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Shona and love the glitter sentiments you put on the front. Scotland is my dream destination one day so always love to hear you mention it in your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the background! and the front ground! lol Great card for your soccer player! finally a stamp set for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!