Wednesday, July 3, 2013

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

Although I don't usually make fourth of July cards, I'm sharing one that became one by accident! Huh? Well here's the story!

I was playing with Pigment Pearls last month, for projects to submit to Vamp Stamp News. I stamped the American Flag on glossy white in Versamark and then applied red and blue pigment powders.  I brushed off the excess powder and it left a hazy residue on the cardstock.  I didn't know what to do with it at that point so put it aside. 

Last week, I was playing with the new Horse Set 498.  I stamped a few of the horse images on top of different colored flockings, then used my Copics to color them further.  You can find a tutorial here on how to accomplish this technique. I made a Palomino, and several others, but my favorite was the American Paint Horse!  Now where did I put that flag???

Now let's see how many Sparkle N Sprinkle products we can use on one card! How about 19!  Had I realized I was that close to 20, I would have added another star!  But it's already on route to Florida! Oh well!

So here is my Fourth of July card:


Here is the recipe:

STAMP CREDITS:
Horse image from Set 498: Horses
July 4 Set (3513-433A)
Flag (3520-434V)
Freedom (3521-434E)
America (3522-434C)
OTHER SUPPLIES:
Versamark Ink #99702
Detail Black Embossing Powder (EP171)
Blue Ribbon Embossing Powder (EP279)
Firecracker Red Embossing Powder (EP291)
Memento Tuxedo Black #99604
Snow White Flocking (FL101)
Copic Marker E57
2 ½” Tear-ific Tape (SAT11)
Cobalt Glaze Velvet Glitter (GM2015)
Gypsy Red (GM2005)
½” Tear-ific Tape (SAT04)
Swan Wing Glitter Tinsel (GT3002)
Red Tomato Glitter Tinsel (GT3007)
Deep Royal Glitter Tinsel (GT3001)
Sizzix Stars Die
Pigment Pearls: Red and Blue
Glossy White Cardstock
Dimensionals
INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Stamp flag in Versamark on White Glossy and brush on blue and red pigment pearls to replicate flag.
2. Stamp Freedom and America in Versamark on top of flag and heat emboss with Blue Ribbon and Firecracker Red.
3. Apply ½” Tape around edge of card base and center flag background. Apply Swan Wing, Red Tomato and Deep Royal Glitter Tinsels to exposed tape.
4.  Apply 2 ½” Tape to white glossy card and run through the Sizzix star die, remove protective backing and apply Cobalt Glaze and Gypsy Red. Attach to background.
5. Apply 2 ½ inch Tape to white glossy card and remove backing.  Apply Snow White Flocking, stamp horse image in Memento black and color patches with brown Copic marker. Cut out and attach to card with dimensionals.
6. Stamp saying in Versamark and heat emboss with Black Detail. Cut out and adhere to top of one of the stars with dimensionals.

Have a safe and happy fourth!

'Till next time,

Shona

13 comments:

  1. Wow, love this! Great idea to pair the horse with the flag. I never thought to stamp on flock (always did it the other way around). Will definitely check out the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Shona! Love the horse on the flocking! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how like minds think a like - I recently did a horse card with the flag too! And yet mine is completely different from yours - isn't that so cool how two people can take the same stamps and come up with something completely different?! I did my horse and flag brightly colored in a simple card design. Your flag is subtle with a bold horse and tons of great details!

    Fabulous design Shona & I love, love the Pinto - all 3 of my horses are Paints/Pintos! They're definitely my favorites!! Can't wait to share my version using the horse /flag combo - I'm saving it up for after the 4th since I already have a 4th of July design up.

    Really great card Shona! Hope you a have a fantastic 4th of July holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful celebration of the 4th of July, Shona. You really outdid yourself this time. Your Freedom Horse is just beautiful. And I have never used that many products on one item! You win!
    Happy Independence Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona, this is STUNNING! I love the way you have colored the horse and the dimension you have managed to get with the stamping, image and all of the stars is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great 4th of July - the card is beautiful - the horse was done to perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sparkly card, Shona! Love it! Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool is this? I especially love the addition of the horse - it says wold and free ( freebie gte operative word). Great job, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, Shona! Love all the glitters and eps - looks fabulouso for sure! I also like how you used some of the blue tinsel blended into the white and red tinsels - that looks awesome!
    Land of the Free with the horse is so pretty - very majestic, Shona. Hope your celebrations are extra special today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful creation. So creative. Love the wording in the background.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, love the horse and star combination.
    Great card Shona. Happy 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a spectacular card!! Great use of so many SNS products!!Fantastic job!!! Happy 4th

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shona...what's more free than a wild stallion? Great inspiration and beautiful glitter!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!