Thursday, March 12, 2015

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE BEING CAFFEINATED!

Hi there,

Here today sharing another caffeinated card! There were four awesome coffee themed sets released by Sparkle N Sprinkle this month.

Coffee Shoppe Set 695
Coffee Talks Set 700
Coffee Time Set 694
Espresso Yourself  Set 699

My card today uses the Espresso Yourself Set 699, with the sentiment from Coffee Shoppe Set 695.



I stamped the coffee cup in Versamark twice on pink cardstock and twice on brown cardstock and heat embossed the images with Pebbled Copper. The entire cups were then fussy cut from the brown and then just the holders were cut from the pink versions. The holders were taped down to the cups. I cut a little slit in the lids for the coffee stirrers.



The background was made by running pink cardstock through the Sizzix Embossing Folder "On the Go" which had been previously inked with Memento Rich Cocoa.

The sentiment was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with Teddy Brown and was cut and embossed with Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio Two. The tag was attached to the background with a piece of organdy ribbon, sponged with Rich Cocoa, with a Dimensional Dot behind it, so I could tuck one of the cups under it.


The background was then centered on the white card base, edged with 1/4" Tear-ific Tape.  Sparkle N Soft Sparkling Coffee  (how appropriate is that?) was then applied to the exposed sticky edge. The cups were positioned and stuck down with Dimensional Dots as shown.


I'm really loving these new coffee themed sets. Hope I've inspired you to take a look at them if you haven't already done so.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Shona

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely loving the chocolate brown and pink - always a winning combo and your gold touches just adds that extra sparkle. From a coffeeholic on this side xxx
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplcity I'f this, Shona, with Just the two tones and the touch of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting Color combo ! Loved the embossed bg goes perfectly with the Coffee cups !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Perfect for a coffee lover. I love the pink, brown and gold. Fabulous card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card and love the saying. I think this is fantastic for the coffee lovers! I know I sure miss my caffeine when it is missing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! you were certainly caffeinated while doing this, it's fabulous. Love the pink and brown. and your cutting of the slit to add the stirrer - clever

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Copper EP is awesome! It looks a bit goldish on my monitor, but copper is such a rich look. Love the brown & pink combo, and inking the embossing folder with the Rich Cocoa was a wonderful idea. This is a folder I've not seen. What a fun idea to add more texture & dimension with a real stir stick! Terrific use of this new set. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great special card !! I love it, great card when one prefers coffee!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card, Shona - sweet, silly, and very artsy! Love all your details and choice of caffeinated colors! LOL I also like the tremendous dimension, while keeping your card flat for mailing! Fabulous design! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheers!! What a fun and delightful card - and a great color combination for your fun coffee card :) I'm a huge fan of Starbucks and anything coffee related just tickles me - love LOVE this! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!