Tuesday, March 31, 2015

SPARKLE N SPRINKLE'S APRIL 1ST REVEAL

Hi there, and welcome to Sparkle N Sprinkle's April 1, 2015 Reveal. I'm first up on the hop this month, and getting rather excited about the upcoming Spring season - when everything starts to bloom - I couldn't resist using the Spring Window Set 704 for my reveal card. 




This month we have FOUR new stamp sets to share with you and these sets are 20% off their regular price, until April 3rd.  All the new reveal sets are available on Cling Mounted Rubber and as a digital image.  Friendship Flowers #702 is the stamp set featured in  This Month's Technique Video.

The sets are:



Get Well Friends #701   (digi version DIGI701)
Friendship Flowers #702   (digi version DIGI702)
Old Well #703  (digi version DIGI703)
Spring Window #704   (digi version DIGI704)



On April 3rd,  one Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the comments left on the designers' blogs listed below.  The Grand Prize Winner will receive
all FOUR of the new rubber stamp sets (or digi sets, if you prefer)


The winner of the blog hop will be announced on April 3 on Facebook, the SNS blog, and on our blogs.  In addition to our regular designers, we are happy to introduce you to two of our new Guest Designers.  Diane and Ashley will be the Guest Designers for the months of April, May, and June.  This month's Blog Hop order is:

(Tip: if you have a problem with a particular link, try clicking on the person's blog title to send you to their Home page.)

Don't forget to leave a comment with each Designer to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  We love reading your comments and hope we have inspired you as well.  If you absolutely can not leave a comment for some reason, please email icinganne@yahoo.com with your comment and the name of the blog or Designer you are commenting about.

~~~~~~~~~

The new SNS Creative Challenges also begins today, with lots of prizes and recognition badges.  The theme is always Anything Goes using Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder, and or Flock.
~~~~~~~~~
I loved the "Spring Window" image, so I decided to use the image from the prospective of looking out of "my window" from across the street.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on white cardstock and was colored using the following Copics: E11, E13, E25, E33, E35, R22, YR24, W-1 and W-3. The vase was colored using a Versamarker Pen and was then heat embossed with Verdigris. The Sakura Glue Pen was applied to the flowers in the vase and then I applied Pink Spirit Sparkle N Soft. The glass panes were achieved by applying the Versamarker Pen again and then were heat embossed with Clear Detail. I added Dimensional Glue to the tree flowers and left it to dry to give the flowers some shiny dimension.


I used a Spellbinders window die, which includes the curtains and the valance in the set.  I cut the window frame from beige cardstock and then distressed it with Memento Cantaloupe, Desert Sand and Rich Cocoa. The curtains and valance were made by applying a piece of Super Adhesive Sheet to the beige cardstock and running those through an embossing machine. I then removed the protective backing and applied Sparkling Sands Sparkle N Soft for a velvety feel for the fabric. I cut the frame from a piece of designer paper, which looked like wallpaper, and then placed the window frame in the die cut spot and taped them together from the back. The curtains were layered on top with dimensional dots. I tied little brown wool bows for the curtain tie-backs.


The window frame had an arch at the top, so left little room for the sentiment from the set. I set the sentiment on an acrylic block and made it curve before stamping it on beige cardstock in Versamark ink. It was then heat embossed with Sienna, one of my favorite Tuscan embossing powdersI cut out the saying using the Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large die, cutting above and  below the sentiment.  Distressed with some Desert Sand ink again, it was then added behind the window valance to mimic the arched top of the window frame.



Hope you've enjoyed the start to this month's Reveal Blog Hop. Next up is Diane - one of our new Guest Designers. Leave a comment on all eight blogs to be eligible to win all four stamp sets.  I wonder which Designer's blog contains the Grand Prize this month?

Till next time,

Springtime hugs,

Shona

41 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. Love those golden curtains and what a pretty view outside the window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely am in love with these stamps. The card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! You did a fantastic job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like how you used the window die with the curtains!! Love all that gold sparkle!! Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. I love the sparkly curtain! Great job! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The embossed curtains give great texture. Love the image and the sentiment over the window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic use of the stamps. Love the die cut window and your gorgeous curtains. Really beautiful card, Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty, Shona! Love the "arced" crescent moon above your window scene - a great design element! The colors in your brick/rock look VERY pretty - I would not have thought to use the rust tones, and they look so pretty. The embossed background for the foundation of your card is wonderful. I can hardly wait to play with this set! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love your card and the different perspective of "looking across the street" which we all do. Altogether a Great design

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative and I love the dimension you've achieved! Thanks for a fun hop and wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so clever - thinking of looking OUT your window. The curtains add such great dimension. Love all the glitter and details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you used this window image and all the extra embossing you did to make it pop. Adding the curtains really was such a great idea. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The window is my 1st pick of all the stamps. They are beautiful but the window just gets the juices rolling. I love what you did with the view from one window to another, so neighborly! It is wonderful to have the opportunity to win something that I really, really want!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you put the stamp outside of the window. Very pretty. the sparkle on the curtains is great.
    thanks for sharing a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty little window scene and I love all the glimmer and shine on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your window frame idea... I considered something like this but I couldn't make it work. I love the glitter too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooo a window card. I love window cards. Yours is so cute and I love the sparkly curtains! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card. I love your sparkly curtains and your window scene. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful window card. The curtains are gorgeous. Love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! I keep looking at this card and finding so many wonderful details! I love it! Thank you for listing the steps you took to make this card! Love all these techniques! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful designs I love how you added your own personnel uniqueness to them

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, I have one window scene stamp, but this one is different and I love what you did with it....guess I'm gonna have two!

    ReplyDelete
  23. DELIGHTFUL card Shona!!!
    LOVE the Spring Window, LOVE your SWEET curved sentiment, LOVE the pretty layers too!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful card. Gorgeous glittery curtains. I really love this window stamp. Lots of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You did a bang up job as always. So many different techniques to see and what a fantastic end result.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, beautiful job. I would never have thought to create this using the stamps you used. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card. Reminds me of movies where the characters in an apartment look out their windows at a neighboring building.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card from a neat perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I cant wait to get my stamp set. I ordered it with my kit for this month and after seeing your card and all that canh be done I am excited. I will be going back to yours for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card. Cant wait to get my stamp set to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card! Love the view from the window.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great new image and beautifully displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Shona, this is so beautiful. I did see this set as a sample at SnS, and as I read through your supply list, I'm thinking "Did I get that color?". We looked through some of your older posts that I've admired and tried to make sure I got some of those products. I did purchase some of the SS products, so I hope I can use them as beautifully as you did here. You did an outstanding job on this set, and I saw my water can &posies IS one of the new sets. Nearly got the wishing well, but decided I had already spent enough and DH was waiting outside. TFS & Have a Blessed & Happy Easter. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  34. So pretty, Shona. I love this set of images and this was one of my favorites, the other being the Friendship flowers. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely a darling card.What a cute set and love how you have used it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. How cute! Love the window w/ the glittery curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow this is a gem!! What a gorgeous card design and such a lovely picturesque scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. WOW... a very creative and clever idea with the window...those curtains are such an awesome idea...beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh wow Shona, you have brought this image to life so beautifully and I adore the sparkly curtains.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!