Thursday, April 30, 2015

SPARKLE N SPRINKLE'S MAY 1ST REVEAL

Welcome to Sparkle N Sprinkle's
 May 1st Reveal Blog Hop! I'm the last stop of the reveal this month. You should have arrived by way of Diane's blog and I'm sure by now, if you did, you are drooling over some of the fun techniques that each of the Designers has shared, using the gorgeous Dreamweaver stencils.  




Be sure to visit the SNS Blog all month long, as well as the Designers' blogs (you can click on the Designers' names to go directly to their blogs) to see different techniques used with the stencils.   Each Designer always posts 2 different projects to the SNS Blog and 4 different projects to their personal blogs each month.   
Some of the techniques you see throughout the month is dry embossing with your stencil; double glitter technique; combining embossing pastes with glitter, embossing powders, flock, and/or guilded flakes; using the embossing paste as a resist; double embossing paste technique and lots of other fun ideas.

 All Dreamweaver stencils, soap, and embossing pastes are 20% off until May 3.  So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping.  
Large Feather is the stencil featured with this month's Technique Video Kit.


On May 3, one GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs.  Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.  

The winner will be able to choose $55 worth of any products listed under the Stencils and Templates category, plus mica powders (Pearl Ex) and of course, glittersembossing powdersflock, and sticker paper or adhesive sheets.

The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on June 3 on the SNS Facebook page, the Designer's blogs, and here on the SNS Blog.  

We are pleased to have Diane and Ashley, two of our 2015 Guest Designers,  joining us again this month. They will be our Guest Designers for the months of April, May, and June.

The Blog Hop order this month is:

(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)

We love reading your comments and hope that we have inspired you as well.  If you can not leave a comment for some reason, please email icinganne@yahoo.com with your comment and the name of the blog or the Designer you are commenting about.


The Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge also begins today.  There are lots of prizes and recognition badges.  Come check out how you can become a SNS Featured Artist as well.  The theme is always Anything Goes using Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder, and/or Flock.





For my share this month I chose the Peacock stencil. I placed the stencil temporarily on black card stock and used a palette knife to apply White Embossing Paste over the branch parts of the stencil. I tried not to get the paste on the peacock part.  I removed the stencil carefully (placing it immediately in a container of soapy water - to clean and dry before reusing) and then sprinkled Bullfrog and Moss Star embossing powders to the wet embossing paste. The paste dries while heat setting the powders.



I repeated the process two more times - concentrating, this time, on getting the peacock portion of the stencil with the embossing paste. I embossed both peacocks, one with Peacock embossing powder and one with Electric Blue. I then fussy cut the Electric Blue portions of the peacock (as shown) and stuck them on top of the Peacock embossing powder version with Dimensional Glue.



I used the lace technique for the right hand side of my card, using some Super Adhesive sheet along with Jasper Blue and Cobalt Glaze velvet glitters. 


The butterflies were also made using the lace technique and were die cuts from Spellbinders Fanciful Flight using scraps of Super Adhesive Sheets. The bottom butterfly was Jasper Blue with Black Suede and the top one was Cobalt Glaze with Black Suede.


The sentiment (from Lilies: Set 583) was stamped in Versamark on black cardstock and was then heat set with Belgian Cream. I die cut the sentiment using Spellbinders Grommet Tags and attached it to the card front using two brads which were previously heat embossed with Moss Star.



The card front was then centered on to a piece of square 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" white cardstock, edged with 1/2" Tear-ific Tape. Cobalt Glaze Velvet Glitter was applied to the exposed sticky edge before being layered to a white 6" x 6" card base. 

We hope you have enjoyed the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as us. Thanks for stopping by and be sure to remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  
Last month Diane was the Mystery Designer with the winning comment.  I wonder who it will be this month????

Stop by again soon, when I hope to share another stencil creation, using a different technique!

Have a great day!

Shona


39 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks amazing! Love the two toned effect you created and the photo that shows the dimension is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I always love the peacock colors, but the brown and blues really set each other off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the different blues add up to one big WOW! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona this is just beautiful!!! I love the two toned technique and all the different layers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a neat looking card, the blues are beautiful and the details of this card, must have taken a long time to create. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the way you created the two toned peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is an intricate, stunning piece of art! Great job! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love the colors and the design! Simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dimension created by the way the pieces have been layered, I want to touch the card! It is absolutely glitterrific!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card. The use of lace to give the card different patterns is wonderful. All the glitter is very cool. And I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and such a Beautiful Peacock

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW wow WOW
    ABSOLUTELY STUNNING card Shona!!!
    Your peacock is GORGEOUS, LOVE IT and LOVE your SPARKLING branches, butterflies & lacy background too!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION and tutorial - I confess that I haven't tried my hand at embossing paste before and I'm REALLY looking forward to using it with both embossing powder and glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love peacock blue and you used it so wonderfully. Thanks for the beautiful card for inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dimensional peacock is just beautiful. I never thought of using the lace technique for butterflies. It is perfect. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy Moly this is AMAZING and absolutely GORGEOUS! WOWZA!! Thanks for inspiration and a fun hop!
    Darlene
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the dimension you have achieved. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful! Love it! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome!!! I love the peacock and the beautiful colors you used...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shona this is stunning with the sparkly blue and gold.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your combination of embossing paste, powder and glitter all on one gorgeous card. Great techniques too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous. Love the whole card but that peacock image is super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful. I love the peacock and the butterflies. the colors are so pretty.
    thanks for sharing an amazing project.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is absolutely beautiful! I love all the sparkly goodness! The peacock looks amazing! I have just started using stencils - thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the color choices...beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning! The peacock looks fabulous in the bright glittery colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I knew your card would be amazing, but how stupendous this, Miss Shona! Absolutely gorgeous, with such fabulous dimension and color selection! WOW! And it's great knowing that we don't have to wait for the paste to dry in order to heat set the EP! Thanks so much! Shona, I cannot say enough about your card - it's truly beyond beautiful, and I just know you had so much fun creating it - did you have lots of sparkle all over your face? LOL Really beautiful - thanks again for all the tips xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  27. I knew your card would be amazing, but how stupendous this, Miss Shona! Absolutely gorgeous, with such fabulous dimension and color selection! WOW! And it's great knowing that we don't have to wait for the paste to dry in order to heat set the EP! Thanks so much! Shona, I cannot say enough about your card - it's truly beyond beautiful, and I just know you had so much fun creating it - did you have lots of sparkle all over your face? LOL Really beautiful - thanks again for all the tips xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, my face - actually let's just be honest - my entire person!!!! LOL. But so much fun. It was actually one of those happy mistakes! Why, I hear you ask? I did a few peacocks stencils! and then instead of settling for the perfect one, I took the ones that "bits" had the best detail. I have some other peacocks that don't look quite so crisp!!!! They will be salvaged in some way however! Always trying and forever learning - that's truly why I love this "sport"! ... on to soccer practice!

      Delete
  28. Gorgeous card and fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This card is just fabulous- stunning! I love your colors and all of the incredible detail!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh! my goodness Shona, what an amazing card, I love all the colours and techniques you have used, it really is very beautiful, so much texture - GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I couldn't believe my eyes when you said this peacock was stenciled. What a great idea to fussy cut the tail like that. This is super gorgeous. I am really impressed with your skill and creativity. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Shone, this is absolutely stunning!! I love it. You did amazing work with the stencil and love how you combined it with the lace technique.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great dimension. Beautiful colors. Love the lace technique which I learned with you in your class of the cascading card in Manchester NH. This card inspires me to give embossing paste a try.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful colors. Love the peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow Shona what a beautiful card, great colours , great techniques, every element looks super!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  36. Can you hear me going "WOW!" as I looked at this magnificent peacock?! The process sounds quite tedious with placing the stencil as carefully as you must have done for each process step, but it certainly proved worth it. The stunning blue on the peacock was so spectacular, and loved the lace effect on the border too. Will be checking your link (TFS) to read through the technique. Just an awesomely amazing look with these products. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  37. Shona, this card is stunning and I am sure that it's even prettier in person.I love the look of your card. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  38. MY goodness! This has some wow factor and more! So sparkly and beautiful! A vision this is - you should put this away behind a frame, snuggled into a shadowbox to keep it as a keepsake forever and ever! I love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!