Thursday, September 8, 2016

GRANNY WITCH

Hi there, 

I'm here today to share another Halloween card with you from the new reveal set 799: Call me Witch.

Granny Witch

Isn't this little Granny a hoot? I began with stamping her on white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black and she was colored with Copics.

Granny Witch

After she was colored, I sparkled up her buckles on her shoes and hat with a Sakura Glue pen and Reflection Velvet Glitter. She got Dimensional Glue applied to the her glasses and I used the Nuvo Medium Tip Pen to add Blissfull Blue Sparkle N Soft to her hair. Orange Crush was also applied to her blouse. She was cut out with the Spellbinders Mega Ovals Large, but before I removed the die I sponged some Dandelion Memento ink around her. Then some Indian Gold and Lilac Lavender Embellishment Mousse was rubbed on to the edges of the piece with a dauber. OK, now she needs a background.

Granny Witch

I took a piece of 5 1/4" by 4" piece of Super Adhesive tape and stuck it down to a piece of white cardstock, then removed the protective backing and started to line up various strips of Tear-ific Tape diagonally on top. When the whole piece was covered with the strips, I straightened the edges then lined up the Velvet GlittersPurple RainTiger Orange, Celebration, DaisyHyacinthMargarita and Golden Wheat were burnished in one at a time as each strips' backing was removed.

Granny Witch

This piece was layered on to black cardstock. The sentiment was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with Concord, one of  my favorite detailed Tuscany colors. It was cut out with a QuickKutz Speech bubble die and was sponged with Cantaloupe ink.

Granny Witch

I made my broom from a skewer and some raffia. Coloring the handle with brown Copic Marker and then taking several pieces of raffia and bending them over to make the head of the broom. Some more raffia was wrapped around the base of the head, attaching it to the skewer. I punched a hole in the witch image and used invisible thread to attach the broom head to the image. I made a "long glue dot" by taking a piece of 1/8" Tear-ific tape and attached it to the bottom of the broom to keep it in place on the card. The witch and the sentiment were attached to the card with Foam Squares and then the Nuvo Crystal DropsCrushed GrapeWisteria Purple and Purple Rain Glitter Drops were randomly applied to spots on the card front to finish it off.

Granny Witch

Hope you liked my project today?

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:
My Time to Craft Challenge 328: Something that flies!

Till next time,

Shona

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous Halloween card...wow, love all the different and beautiful colors of glitter you have added for the background. Her outfit is fun all glittery too! (my witch will 'magically' appear on my blog on Sunday..lol)..have a fun and creative day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I loved it Shona:) Specially how you have jazzed the granny up and loved the stripy sparkling bg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The image is a delightful fun one and made me smile (as did the sentiment!) Love how you've used the mousse as edging on the focal image, but what really steals the show on THIS card, is the marvelous background. Always appreciate that you take the extra time to show photos with your explanations. This is a perfect Halloween card, and clever creativity on that broom! Love it!!! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - Glitterama!! Fabulous colourful, amazing H/W card. Loving your witch and the sentiment is brilliant. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great witch design and I love the background you created to showcase her. Such a fun Halloween card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how ca-ute is this card. Love your sparkly background panel and that broom is just perfect for that ole witch. Thanks for all the pictorials.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Glitter’ challenge with your lovely sparkly card… Fab witch image... we would love to see you join us again. Good luck!
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulously sparkleful, Shona! I love that Stella witch! LOL your colors really usher in the Halloweenie season! Cute witches broom, and fantastic design. Isn't that sentiment perfect? Hope you have a great weekend! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, I love the handmade background :) Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog, good luck in the draw and hope to see you again soon :)

    DT Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! Shona, this sis just FABULOUS, love the sparkle and the image and the hysterical sentiment. Perfect for Halloween. I absolutely LOVE it. Thanks for the great tutorial too.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol Shona. Love the little broom and all the sparkle, which you are so good at.
    This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful, Shona! And so sparkly! Love that greeting!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This just astounds me. Such detail. The broom is so fun! I love the stripes for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card with a lot of sparkle and I just love your details on the card!!! Super, the witch is olso cute!! I love this!!
    Have fun!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!