Wednesday, August 31, 2016

SPARKLE N SPRINKLE'S SEPTEMBER 1ST REVEAL


Welcome to Sparkle N Sprinkle's
 September 1 New Reveal Blog Hop!


We have four new rubber stamp sets to share with you today and one new digi-only stamp set.  These new sets are 20% off until the 3rd of the month.  So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping.  All of the new sets are available on cling mounted rubber or as a digital image.  

The sets are:


Puppy Girl 793   (digi version DIGI793)
 Crafting Is Exercise 795   (digi version DIGI795)
Halloween Cat 799   (digi version DIGI799)
Stella-Call Me Witch 800   (digi version DIGI800)
Fruit Note  DIGI3126 (digi only)


On Sept 3rd, ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs listed below. Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.

The Grand Prize Winner, which will be announced on the SNS Facebook page and on the SNS Blog, will receive ALL of the new stamp sets released this month (or the digi versions, if preferred).

The Blog Hop order this month is:

(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)

We hope you enjoy the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as we do.  Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  (Compliance is checked.)
 Wonder who the Mystery Host will be this month????

The Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge also begins today.  There are lots of prizes and recognition badges.  Come check out how you can become a SNS Featured Artist as well.  The theme is always Anything Goes using Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder, and/or Flock.


Have you checked out the SNS YouTube Channel featuring Demo Donna?  If not, then you are in for a real treat.  Subscribe today to get all the latest Demo Donna tips and techniques!






For my card this month, I decided to play with two new products that can now be found in the store - the Nuvo Crystal Drops and the Nuvo embellishment mousse. The mousse is very versatile. You can use them with stencils, which I have done here, they can be daubered on to make terrific backgrounds, they can be painted on with a water brush and then they can be burnished on with your finger tool. Check out Demo Donna's video here for all the details.


So I chose to work with the Tim Holtz Stencil: Shatter (THS014), which will double today as a spider's web! Temporarily tape down the stencil to white cardstock. I tape down the top first, then do the bottom and finish off at the sides. When removing the stencil, after applying the paste, reverse the order, and you are left with a hinge at the top, which gives you a more clean result. Place the dirty stencil in soapy water immediately. The advantage to the mouse is it dries much faster than embossing paste, which means you need to clean it off the stencil immediately. Once the Black Ash mousse was dry I then took a dauber and added some Indian Gold to the cracks. Lilac Lavender was then rubbed on with my finger around the edges. 


I stamped the cat image from the set Halloween Cat Set 799 in Versamark and then heat embossed with Black Detail. This was then daubered with the Indian Gold mousse as shown. I used Spellbinder's Standard Circles Large to die cut the circle and cut it down so it would fit in the corner.


The spider (from Bugs Set 510) was also stamped in Versamark and heat embossed in Black Detail. I cut him out using one of the smaller die cuts from the Standard Circles Large and daubered the image with the Indian Gold mousse before removing the die.


His eye lids were colored with Copic BV04. I edged the piece with black copic. The Nuvo Crystal Drops White Gloss and Black Gloss were used for his eyes.  Simply drop some of the white onto the area and then take the black and drop it on top of the white, while still wet. Check out the video here on how to use these fun drops.


I then continued to put little eyes and single drops all over my background web to give a fun and funky look to my card. I used the White Gloss, Black Gloss and Ripened Pumpkin for this step.


The sentiment was stamped in Versamark, heat embossed with Black Detail and then sponged again with the Indian Gold mousse. I also edged it with the Lilac Lavender mousse. When the drops were dry, the card was put together by layering on to a black card base. The cat corner was taped to the corner with 1/4" Tear-ific Tape, the sentiment was attached with foam squares for dimension and the spider was attached with a wobble.


The cat's eyes were applied using Ripened Pumpkin with the Black Gloss. Above you can see the dimension of the dots more clearly. This finishes my card for today. Hope you've enjoyed my share today. Next on the hop is Belinda.  Make sure you leave a comment on each of the designers' blogs to become eligible for the four new reveal sets.

Till next time,

Big hugs,

Shona

31 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so cool! Love all the details and how you've incorporated the mousse and all the Nuvo Crystal Drops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your spider web! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that spooky Halloween Cat and your spider web!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever use of the stencil and I love the bug, especially since you gave him dimensional eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the detail n texture on ur card, thank you for giving me inspiration ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...I absolutely LOVE this card, so creative and so fun and it makes me smile every time I look at it..must be that crazy spider..LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Indian Gold adds so much. I love the 5 o'clock shadow on the spider. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a neat card with all its wonderful elements! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is very creative! I love the spider web.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card! I love all of the 'scaries'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one cool halloween card. Love that background. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Wow WOW! speaking of shatter (as in your stencil) you have shattered my perception of mousse! LOL Fantastic design, Miss Shona, and so beautifully done with all the creepy crawlies joining your "nothing can distress me" kitty! The metallic golden hues really do work well with your black theme. Thanks for explaining your method! love, de

    ReplyDelete
  13. Halloween cards are the MOST fun to make so thank you. What great ideas for the moon, the spider web (of course) and the bug. Love the way your mind works!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun idea.
    Love the card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shona you are amazing, this is such a fun and fabulous card, thanks for the ideas on the Nuvo drops, you have made the eyes beautifully with them.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Halloween card. Love the spider web effect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is amazing, I had no idea Nuvo could do all this. You have totally amazed me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card, especially the bug! The drops look like a fun new product, the mousse, too. Love all those little eyes on that super spider web. Tremendous card, girlfriend! Big hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this background! The eye balls are so much fun and make me giggle and squeal!! The mousses you used are perfect. Makes me want to play more with mine :) They are so versatile and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally impressive and creative. I hope my friend Beth sees this card. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shona, what a cool card. Awesome use of the shatter stencil to use as a spider web. Love the tutorial and am going to have to get some of the products you used and get cracking in using on my cards as well. Thanks for sharing all the info.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How brilliant Halloween card, Shona! Love the background with stenciled mousse and Nuvo drops. So fun and creative. Your cat with yellow eyes is cutest! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. BOO-tiful card!!!
    LOVE the cat scene, sentiment and spider!!! As for your background, texture, shimmer and sparkle, well, I have to confess it takes my breath away - WOW - SO MUCH I NEED to try!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a fun card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic card. Thank you for all the details on how you created it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Nuvo crystal drops are on my next shopping list thanks to your card. They make perfect eyes. (I just finished using wiggly eyes on a card) and think the crystal drops have so much versatility. The spider web with all of those colored dots is great. Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Nuvo crystal drops are on my next shopping list thanks to your card. They make perfect eyes. (I just finished using wiggly eyes on a card) and think the crystal drops have so much versatility. The spider web with all of those colored dots is great. Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those hairy spiders! Yikes! I need to look up the Nuvo crystals to play with. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Terrific use of the products on this cute & darling card. (don't have the black mousse yet). Clever way to use it, and a new technique to me. Worked so well to create the golden web for these crawlies. Delightful cards and thanks for explaining & showing the photos of the process involved. Hugs & TFS

    ReplyDelete
  30. Another awesome creation Shona and I adore your lushes spider web.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!