Friday, December 27, 2019

Cardinal Joy!

Hi there, 

I'm sharing my last 2019 card today !! I just don't know where this year went! Today I am highlighting Dee's Distinctively Cardinal Frame for DRU.


Here is the cardinal frame die cut:




I started with backing a piece of white cardstock with a piece of Super Adhesive Sheet. The die was placed face down on to the adhesive side, so that when I ran it through it only cut the adhesive sheet and not completely through to the cardstock.


I then ran the die cut through with red cardstock and fussy cut the two birds.


I picked off the protective backing from the cardinals and branches and placed the red cardstock cardinals in their appropriate spots. 


I then took Glistening Emeralds flocking and burnished it in to the remaining sticky surface.


The remainder of the protective backing was then peeled off and Sparkling Snow glitter was burnished in as a sparkly background.


I found the perfectly sized frame for my piece - the Cheery Lyn Celtic Square Boutique Stacker Frame. This particular one is not in the store, but there are other stacker frames. The medium sized frame was cut out of green cardstock.


This was layered to red cardstock and then to a white card base before adding the focal piece with foam tape for dimension. I added Nuvo Crystal Drops Ebony Black for the eyes.


The last step was to add the sentiment. I taped a piece of adhesive tape to a scrap of red cardstock. This time I put the "joy" die on the other side so that it would be sticky on the back of the word.


I took of the sticky backing from the die and stuck it on the top of the glittered panel.


It was a bit fiddly getting the adhesive off the back of the dot of the "joy", but I really liked the result. Hope you do too?


Here are the products that I used in my card today:



Memory Box Sketchblock Joy

Glistening Emeralds Flocking
Sparkling Snow Glitter
Nuvo Crystal Drops Ebony Black

Wishing you all a wonderful, happy and healthy New Year!
See you again in 2020!

Shona

9 comments:

  1. How pretty, Shona! It's a lovely card, so full of sparkle and festive joy! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. I remember the day you taught me to do this, and I still have a little trouble with the technique. You do it perfectly every time! Love the new blog header - looks like the bottom of our pasture. Jack put a mineral block out last year, and we also put a feed bucket out near it. Every night Jack puts a little deer "corn" feed in the bucket. They still roam the area, and keep the pasture down so we don't have to bush-hog the pasture as often. I feel so sorry for the wildlife because we humans have encroached on their territory. Your photo is beautiful! I wonder if the deer don't care for the taste of Pentas, because so far, over the years, they have not eaten my Pentas, or the angel wing begonias. Happy New Year, Shona! (PS, thank you for the jaw-dropping gorgeous Christmas card!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Shona. I love the all the sparkle and the Celtic border is so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous and well designed using the die and glitter. A great reminder on doing this great technique. I remember having fun doing designs that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always wonderful ways with techniques Shona and this is no different, love the sparkle and your edge die to show it off, a fabulous card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a gorgeous card, Shona! I love all the sparkle and the addition of the "joy"! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful Shona! Fabulous die cuts and wonderfully sparkly!
    Happy New year, hope 2020 is a great one for you and your loved ones.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love, love the sparkle on this card...so festive and so beautiful!! I wanted to mention too that I love your pretty blog header...someday I am going to ask you how you do it...I haven't a clue lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shona, this is a joy! I love all the sparkle and glitter - it brings this vibrant card to a WHOLE 'nother level! 1 love the celtic die as well and this is such a pretty holiday card to grace a home up on the mantle! You are truly the master of making awesome card instructions and tutorials to make your cards so interactive and fun! Bravo, Shona!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!