Friday, December 6, 2019

Reindeer Snow Globe Shaker

Hi there, 


Well, here we are again - December! That was the quickest year ever, wasn't it? My December header is a little herd of deer in our front yard, enjoying all those extra acorns that Mother Nature provided for them this year! My first card for December is for the Dies R Us Design Team and also includes a deer - a snow globe shaker card, using the Memory Box Evergreen Reindeer and the Tutti Cross Stitched Nesting Circles.


Here are the dies I used:





Tutti Designs - Cross Stitch Nesting Circles

I ran both dies through the big shot at the same time. 




In an effort to make it look like a snow globe, I used the Spellbinders Mega Ovals Large to cut a base - cutting it out first and then die cutting another piece out of the "top" - from a piece of wood-grained self-adhesive cardstock.


         
I then stuck acetate to the back of the "globe" with double stick tape.




A piece of digi paper was attached to the front of a white card base for the background. Happy Holidays from an old Sparkle N' Sprinkle Set was stamped in Versafine Clair Monarch under the globe and heat set with Clear embossing powder.




Mounting tape was then attached to the back of the globe panel.




A few spoons of Stampendous Shaved Ice was then added on top of the background paper.




The top panel was then placed on to the card base to finish off my card.




Below you will find the products that I have used in my project today: 



Christmas Sayings Set 223 (SNS)
Spellbinders Mega Ovals Large
Clear Detail embossing powder
Stampendous Shaved Ice
Mounting Foam

Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEighVxYJgFzUbJcKmgwwTAKf2gnEI1PpQg7k3sVTOytC957HBjLxz5QC86xDfNiQFxp6piLaHJ0i9WGDP4N5_LmjYWRQzbBJBRUtwONipoIxRwWEWzr1gaRYgty89197x1pKLlfuRZCd97B/s1600/-logo+collage.jpg
click below for:








I hope you've enjoyed my share today?

Till next time,


10 comments:

  1. Wow! that's just gorgeous, Shona! I love it! I also love your new header photo! Deer are my favorite. We had one live in our backyard for months several years ago! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this one GORGEOUS setting!!! Shona, what a fantastic way of transforming a simple square to that lovely circle! Thanks for sharing the step by step tutorial. I always feel as though I've been to a friendly class when visiting your blog. Thank you! Enjoy your trip! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Great use of dies and I love your shaker card. Wonderful colors in the background. I love the beautiful deer in your yard too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous shaker card, Shona. The white reindeer die cut is really lovely against the beautiful background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shaker card and so creative the way you have used the die, shakers are my favorites!! Great picture of the deer you have captured as well...sometimes I feel like 'we' are in a zoo as the deer stand here and watch us through our picture window, of course it drives the dog nuts lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is stunning Shona, such gorgeous die cuts and the background you created looks fantastic.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Shonaa, love the background colour and sparkle, great die too.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with your card. Thank you for sharing it. I now must have the dies to be able to make this card. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breathtakingly beautiful Shona. Such a lovely die and your background just sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card! I love the background you made for the globe. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!