Friday, February 21, 2020

Fairy Dreams

Hi there,

I'm back with you today to share a sparkly little card that I made for the Dies R Us Design Team, featuring one of the fairies from the Tutti Mini Fairies die set along with the Memory Box Large Circle Burst.



I began by cutting the die with the MB Large Circle Burst. The sentiment from an old Sparkle N Sprinkle set Dream Catcher Maiden was then stamped in Versafine Clair Monarch using the stamp positioner. This was then heat embossed with Sparkle embossing powder. 


I then applied Versamark to the entire white front and heat set with Sparkle embossing powder, this gave the card front a sparkly, fairy dust look! (It's hard to catch with the phone - I'm still not back on my desk computer and so can't use my digital camera).


I found an old home made background, which I had made using Perfect Pearls, Pearlescent Pearl and Violet Color Burst and thought that made a magical kind of background, so foam mounted the white circle panel on top. This was then taped down to a white card base.


I die cut the little fairy from black cardstock, applied Versamark and heat set with Sparkle embossing powder, to add some shimmer to her too.


She was then foam mounted to the front of the card. 


Hope you've enjoyed seeing my share today. Below are the products I used in my card today:

Dream Catcher Maiden Set 865
Piece of Homemade Cardstock
Versamark 
Sparkle EP107

The kitchen renovations are coming along. Kitchen tile got laid yesterday and electric got inspected today. The sheetrock should be getting put back up and week after next the cabinets should be going in!


Hopefully more progress next time I post!

Till then, happy stamping!

Shona

10 comments:

  1. Wow! What a gorgeous, shimmering magical card Shona. Love the design with that amazing background behind the die cut panel, great sentiment and the little fairy finishes it perfectly.
    The kitchen space is looking good! Seems to be progressing quickly.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously creative idea... love all the sparkle and it does look magical! Looks like your kitchen is moving right along, mine took about 6 months to complete..lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your new flooring, Shona! It's gorgeous, and looks like it will be easy to keep clean, and when a boo-boo happens and you don't have time to clean it up right away, it shouldn't be noticeable. I like that about our tile, too. But I absolutely love your mosaic style of laying the tile down. It's really lovely! Thanks for sharing the photos. Speaking of photos, thank you for having these bright, clear photos of your tutorial! Everything is so easy to see with crisp light and easy to see details. Looks amazing! And the card? What can a fellow fairy-lover say? Your circle burst and darling fairy bring that purple to live! I especially like that you have multiple shades of purple peeking through the circles! Fabulous card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Shona this is stunning and soooo sparkly. Of course I love the purple!
    Fun time with the renovations.......
    Watched Outlander and loved it. That wee thistle on Brea's dress and so much more. Oh and Jamie is his kilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so gorgeous and I love all the purple and shine. And your kitchen is coming along nice with the renovation. I love your floor. It looks to be progressing quite fast too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, Shona! Such a great design! I love your pretty header photo, and how exciting to be getting a new kitchen! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is such a sparkle fantasy and so perfect for the fairy to be so glossy and wonderful. Love the design and the colour and a beautiful sentiment. WOW! LOVE the size of your kitchen how exciting to be having all new. A lot of unsettlement while it happens, but it will be wonderful and beautiful in a few weeks.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you made this card...such beautiful shimmer
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! I love the background and all the pretty sparkle on your card. I also love the tile in your kitchen. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH Shona, I wanted to shout she's back! Your signature design with the extras and the pizzazz and the shimmer and shine! This is so elegant and I love the pop from the background work - it's a beautiful contrast to the white front panel. That's one pretty little fairy, too! Just gorgeous! The house is coming along so nicely! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!