Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Santa Suit Christmas

Hi there, 

Happy February! My February header is one of the first signs that Spring might be on its way - the little Snowdrop! Check out the little pollinator too!

Today's card is for the Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Creative Challenge Design Team. This month's challenge is to use words! I chose to use the Poppy Merry Christmas Background die.



I'm afraid I don't have my usual step by step photos for this card. We just started a big renovation project in our kitchen, where my desk computer (where all my real pictures are stored) used to reside and hubby hasn't had the time to get it up and running yet! So I have had to take these pictures with my phone.

I die cut a piece of red cardstock with the Poppy die and then cut the bottom quarter off. Super adhesive tape was stuck to the back of the two pieces. A piece of black cardstock was cut for the background and a strip of double sided adhesive was laid horizontally for the belt.

The two pieces of red cardstock were then placed on top and Night Sky Flocking was burnished into the exposed tape.


I poked four holes at the inside of the corners of the buckle. I tied the buckle down with invisible thread coming through the holes and taped it down at the back. This panel was then added to a white card base.


That finished my project for today. Hope you like my project? Please stop by and leave me a comment. Here is a list of the products used today. 


Poppy Merry Christmas Background die
Super Adhesive Tape
Night Sky Flocking
Buckle Hardware
Invisible Thread
  
I'm sitting in the dining room, writing my blog on my chrome book, while the guys are demolishing the kitchen and family room behind the wall! 

Here is yesterday's progress. Cabinets, island and appliances gone!



Today, it is sheetrock and tile removal.

I'll be back soon. 

Shona

11 comments:

  1. The rooms suddenly starts looking bigger isn't it !! I loved your header photo and your card too.Bpack Glitter showing through the words looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Shona, love the design with the belt and buckle, so effective.
    Good luck with the renovations, hope it all goes smoothly- such a huge disruption when it's your kitchen -but worth it in the end!
    Love the snowdrop header too, a definite sign of spring.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so well designed and fun! I love the black and red and the glitter look. And, your new header is gorgeous too. I did see the little pollinator too. Those snowdrops are beautiful! And thanks for sharing the progress on your remodeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Shona! That is some demo! Wow! I don't envy you - we did a kitchen remod about 10 years ago and it was a whirlwind of madness with 4 young children and busy school schedules! I took solice in my car in the driveway, LOL!
    Your card is sensational! I love the little nod to Santa with the red glitter and the belt - that is a beautiful word cut out.
    I sure hope Spring is on the way for you - I know it's been a cold winter for so many for so long! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So striking and SO clever! I LOVE this fabulous creation. Nailed the theme! Hugs, Wends xoox

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new blog header is sweetly dainty and full of promise, Shona! Beautiful! It’s fun seeing the progress of your renovations. I’m looking forward to seeing each step and reading about it. Where are you doing most of your cooking while this is going on? Your word die cut is FABULOUS! I especially love how you chose to incorporate Santa’s suit. I can see this would make a wonderful stencil, too. Looks like you are blessed to once again work for your “old” DTC in DRU. How nice is that? Thanks for the inspiration today! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your snowdrops, so delicate and gorgeous. Your card is just amazing, I love how you have done this and the Santa belt, to give it a special finish. LOVE it. OH! I don't envy you all that work going on, it's awful when it's being done isn't it? BUT when it's finished and fabulous you forget all the mess.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect card for our challenge! Love the layout - brilliant. Hold tight on the reno, I've gone through three and the final result is always spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, a lot of renovation is going on at your house! I know you will love it when it is finished. What a neat card! I love Santa's buckle across the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute and clever card you have created!! I can't wait (as I am sure you too ) to see the finished renovation! We did that with our kitchen several years ago and it turned out to be kitchen, laundry room, mud room and living room entrance LOL....one thing led to another!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!