Monday, June 21, 2021

HAI Ho, Ho, Ho Santa

 Hi everyone and welcome to the 2nd June Challenge for the Holly and the Ivy! As always, this is an anything goes theme - so we hope you will join in the fun and get your Christmas card stash moving!

I've had a fun Birthday weekend/Father's Day celebration. All the kids came over and Daddy and I didn't have to cook once! I took time out this afternoon to make this happy little card! Santa's out in the woods picking out his own Christmas Tree!


I started stamping the trees from the SU Perfectly Plaid set in Versafine Clair Nocturne and heat embossed with Clear Detail. 


These were then punched out with the SU matching punch.


I was thinking a plaid background to go with the trees and so found this Sizzix embossing folder and ran a piece of white through the embossing machine. I then took the SU real red ink pad and ran it over the embossed piece to achieve my background.


I found an already made Santa in the Tonic Santa Claus Trio die set, he had already been colored with Copics. I just put little snippets of cardstock behind the spaces, black belt, silver buckle and red for his lips.


The sentiment from the same SU stamp set was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne and then heat embossed with Clear Detail. This was then cut out with the long Lawn Fawn die, though I cut it smaller by putting in back in the die, moving the sentiment over and running it back through the machine. 


All the pieces were attached with tape and mounting tape to finish of my project. Below you will find the complete list of the products used today. 

Stampin’ Up Perfectly Plaid

Christmas Tree Punch

Tonic Santa Claus Trio

Lawn Fawn (Just for You Labels ) dies

Sizzix Plaid and Snowflakes embossing folders

Copics

Versafine Clair Nocturne

Stampin’ Up Real Red ink

Mounting Tape



I hope I've inspired you to pop over and take a look at my  Design Teammates' work and then to join in the Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge

Thanks for stopping by today!

Shona




9 comments:

  1. Super cute cute card and now you are one Xmas card ahead, lucky you! Glad you had a nice time with your family, no cooking, sounds like a dream lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated birthday Shona, sounds like you had a good weekend. I love your Santa card with his trees all in red & white, Great card. Love the Santa die also.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG what a happy Santa! Great design my friend and as Diane stated ... now you're one more holiday card closer to what you'll need. I really need to get started too but just don't have it in me right now to create holiday cards (unless I have to for a DT lol). Have a great week and thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Christmas card design and that is a cute Santa image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute and I love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a colourful Christmas card Shona. Love your happy Santa and those pretty trees. Gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snapchat Hackers for Hire are now available to restore deleted Snapchat Accounts, Hacked Snapchat Accounts, Lost or Forgotten Passwords and Monitoring of Accounts that belong to spouses, children or employees.  how do hackers hack iphone

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am all that much satisfied with the substance you have specified. I needed to thank you for this extraordinary article.  เว็บพนันออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!