Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Season's Squeakings Shaker Card

 Hi there and thanks for stopping by today. I hope those of you down South have not suffered any great losses. Just incredible the mess that Ian has left. Really quite worrying.

My header for October is a photo of a red tailed hawk which popped by the base of the birdbath the other day! 

My card today, is a little shaker card for the challenge over at Holly and Ivy. This is always an Anything Goes theme. I hope you will play along with us.


I began by die-cutting the snow globe (which was part of an old  stamp and die set) out of the white cardstock and then again from wood-grained paper and red cardstock.


The wood-grained globe was inset and taped down with double-sided tape. A piece of clear plastic was then stuck down for the shaker.


The red hearts and stars were then added to the base of the globe and the sentiment from the same set was stamped in Versafine Clair Tulip Red and heat embossed with Red Apple embossing powder.


The image was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne and then colored in with Stampin' Up watercolor pencils.


Sugar Dust from Stamp La Jolla was used for the snow. I framed the colored image with foam tape and spooned some of the beads in the well. The globe was then positioned over the top of the image.


This was then layered on to a red card base.


Hope you've enjoyed my little card today. Please join along with us at the Holly and Ivy!

Till next time,

Shona

2 comments:

  1. Thats a sweet little shaker card Shona.
    Amazing photo of the hawk- how beautiful!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shona, I've just joined the Holly and Ivy Challenge design team and I wanted to pop by and say hi! I'm really looking forward to working with you!
    I love your shaker cars - my shaker cards never look this clean! The image is adorable, and I love the little accents of red and that cute sentiment!
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!
    P.S. What a majestic visitor to your garden!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!