Monday, October 22, 2012

Sparkle N Sprinkle has got some new sets!

Good morning!  We've got a beautiful fall morning here in New Jersey!  Just the right inspiration needed for some fall-themed stamping.  This morning, I'd like to share a couple of cards with you that I made from Sparkle N Sprinkle's new Fall Harvest set. Also, if you scroll down under the set, you will see many samples by some of the other Design Team Members.

I know I will be using this set over and over again!

The background for this first card is actually a photo of my backyard from last fall, and I printed it on to cream cardstock before running it through the Autumn Words embossing folder  I then sanded it to highlight the words.


I dipped three Versamarked gold brads in three different autumnal embossing powders to bring out the yellow, red and green tones of the watercolored apples.  Here are the full instructions for the card.

Still in autumn mode, I used the pumpkin image from the set for my second card:


For this background I used the edge of the watercolor crayons and applied yellow, pale orange, orange and red scribbled across watercolor paper, then I used a water color brush to blend the colors together. After die cutting the circle and dry embossing it (with brown dye ink applied to the inside of the folder), I covered the entire piece with Versamark and heat embossed with clear, to give it a shine.

The pumpkin image is colored with watercolor crayons applied with a waterbrush.  Full instructions for this card can be found right here.

Hope you've enjoyed your visit today.  I'll be back soon, to show you what I did with the new Christmas Set!  'Till then - Happy Fall!





11 comments:

  1. Shona,
    Love the photo idea. I will try that with a photo I just took of my giant poinsettia plant. Both cards are great, and show off interesting techniques. Thanks for the ideas.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shona, these are amazing cards. Love the scenery and golden Autumn feel with the textures and gorgeous hues! You always manage to use the products in such incredible ways, Shona. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to bite into those apples. Love the window on the pumpkin card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are both amazing! Love the colors and how you created the background on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you created both backgrounds! So clever! Great job on both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shona, I love the backgrounds you created. What a great idea on the first card. I really like the water color effect and the brown highlights on your second card. The colors mimick the fall tree line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona, I love what you did with the new set! Gorgeous!!
    -Cammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these fall stamps and your cards make it feel a bit cooler here in Florida:) Love your background from last year...don't you just love it when you already have something you can work with!! Great cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shona, I love your creative backgrounds. They compliment your fall stamps so well!! Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved how the wonderful embossed backgrounds bring out this lovely colored images.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your samples are great... Great choice of colors for both... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!