Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Tea Bag Holder

Well, what's a girl to do when there is a storm brewing?  This one went up to her stamping room and stamped her girlfriend a little gift!!

Another dear friend recently forwarded a tutorial on making this cute little Tea Bag Holder, so I decided to give it a go!  So I used the tutorial for the pattern and then for the front panel, I used another tutorial from Sparkle N Sprinkle's Tips and Techniques Section - Watercoloring on Velvet Glitter!  Sparkle N Sprinkle has recently added a new product to their already extensive line of glitters.  We now have Velvet Glitters!  These glitters actually feel like velvet, they are super soft and it is so much fun to stamp on top of them and now, it's been proven, that we can use several mediums to color on top of them too!

For this particular project, I used Watercolor Crayons.  I covered a piece of cream cardstock with  a piece of SNS's Super Adhesive Sheets.  I cut and embossed with Spellbinder's Labels One die and then removed the protective backing and applied Cloud Nine Velvet Glitter to the entire piece.  I then stamped the Magnolia image and saying in black Staz-On and colored in the Magnolia with a waterbrush and watercolor crayons.

I attached a little row of pearls to the bottom to finish it off!  I know my friend Sharon, is going to love this!  I put a tea bag in one pocket and a Starbuck's card in the other.

Here's the finished product:



Now, I need to go and make her a batch of shortbread to go along with it!  'Till next time.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! Would make a cute sticky note holder too :) Love the background paper and the glittery front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so pretty! Beautiful coloring and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona, this is GORGEOUS! Love the pink edging around the glittered artwork. She will love this little holder, Shona. So tell me, did you get the shortbread made before Superstorm Sandy knocked on the door?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, this is beautiful. I love that velvet glitter. It looks so soft. I want to touch it. What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift. Love how your watercoloring on the velvet glitter turned out. Mmmm, your shortbread, I remember how good that is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Shona, so very pretty:)
    Hope your well.
    How was your trip? I thought you were going to pay me a wee visit:(
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS... You can send that my way... I will make good use of it.. ;) I don't know where to start here... This is just perfect in every way... The colors, the bling, the ribbon treatment... Absolutely awesome all the way... TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's adorable <3 love the glitter <3 <3 <3

    thanks so much for joining us over at CUYL <3

    xo Martina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!