Friday, February 28, 2014

SPARKLE N SPRINKLE'S MARCH 1ST REVEAL

Hi there, and welcome to the Sparkle N Sprinkle March 1st Reveal. Today we have five new stamp sets being revealed. I particularly gravitated towards the Iris Frame set this month, as it boasts three versatile sentiments, and being "away" from my home, this one will come in very useful for me!:



Two of the other sets are perfect for Christmas.
Many of our customers said they promise themselves to make Christmas cards a little bit each month, all year long, but they fail to find the time. So this month's technique kit uses the pretty Red Cardinal drawn by Rosiland Solomon.

The Winter Cardinal stamp set is available by itself on line.
It is also included in Jazzy Jill's Technique Video for the month.

The first of the month also means a new challenge at SNS Creative Challenges where the theme is always
"Anything Goes with Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder and/or Flocking."

Here are the four other stamp sets available this month:

Born to Shop #554
Winter Cardinal #518

Crystal Medallion #531
Springtime Spunky #537
A little something for everyone!




Five Winners (one for each new stamp set) will be selected by Random.org during the Designers Mystery Party. Winners will also get to choose one Glitter and one Embossing Powder to go with their new stamp set.

How the Mystery Party works:

On Five of the participating blogs below, a Commenter will be selected to receive the prize
No one knows who the five Mystery Designers are, so you may wish to visit each blog to leave a comment.

The winners will be announced on March 3 on Facebook, the SNS blog, and on our blogs:

April Williams
Anne Temple
Anita Scroggins
Donna Ellis
Shona Erlenborn (that's me)
Eret Pank
Mayra Duran-Hernandez
Emmy van den Heuvel
Belinda Shupe
Marie Berquist
Jazzy Jill

Each of the five stamp sets are available at 20% off.
Promotion valid through March 3. 
You may also phone the SNS Shoppe to place your orders.


So now you have all the necessary details on how to acquire these lovely sets, let me share my card with you. As I said, I really love the sayings in this set:

Iris Frame #532
The other draw for me was the dotted shading, and that was why I thought to make it into a shaker card, using the micro beads. 

For a different look, I stamped the Iris frame on Kraft cardstock in Versamark and heat embossed with my favorite white embossing powder - Belgian Cream. I then took an aqua brush filled with bleach and took out the color from the cardstock from the stems and flowers. I wish I had thought to take a photo, because that alone is a unique look, but I decided to do more!

I took some water color crayons and a Dove Blender Pen to color the image. I added some Dimensional Glue to the yellow stamen to give them a little height.



I cut out the window using an Exacto Knife and stamped my saying in Versamark onto Embossable Acetate, heat embossing with Concord embossing powder. These rich Tuscany powders are the perfect choice for detail embossing. I taped the acetate down to the back of the window and used dimensional tape to create a little well around the window outline.

I thought that the little butterfly brads would be perfect as embellishments so I attached a green one to a slightly lighter piece of card and applied little patches of Dimensional Glue to one of the wings and close by the butterfly (I did this so some beads would remain on these patches and not all fall to the base of the window). I put a teaspoon of micro beads into the well, removed the protective backing of the tape and closed the butterfly and beads inside.

I attached the two other butterflies to the card front and attached it to the indigo card base after scoring the edges.



I hope you've enjoyed my share with you today, and that you will also check out the other designers' blogs. Remember to leave a comment with each of us. Someone has to win these sets - and it could be YOU!

Let me leave you with a sneak peak of one other card that I made with the Born to Shop set. I'll be sharing this one with you in a few days:


Intrigued? Join me next week!  Till then, good luck winning some prizes and remember to enter the Creative Challenge for many other chances to win Sparkle N Sprinkle products!

Hugs, 

Shona


37 comments:

  1. Hi, Shona! Such a LOVELY, gentle, peaceful card. I know you are waiting for these beautiful flowers to show their colors in your garden, after this atrocious winter! Beautiful card, ma'am! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. This was my favorite stamp set this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty! I love the colors and added butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! I so enjoyed reading all the techniques you described in creating this beautiful work. Would have loved to see just the bleached look prior to your wonderful coloring. I've never done the bleaching, (just watched youtubes!) and your kraft background made this so unique. Just enjoyed the vellum look created by Marie, and it is so amazing to see the totally different looks with the same set. Your DT members are doing far too much enabling for me!! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Shona, this is really a masterpiece, I love the soft colours of you gorgious card!!! Super!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this so beautiful !! I lobed the shaker window with sentiment a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card and such beautiful purples! Adore your butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, Love the spring theme, those butterflies are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful purple colors and lovely butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, this is such a beautiful card! I absolutely love how you made the center frame holding the sentiment and the stunning technique to used on the card base. It's just fabulous in every way! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent for this super fun and sparkling blog hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I love this!! Wish this stamp was the Technique Kit Club set!!! Your card is so fresh and beautiful!! Love the colors and it makes me think that just maybe Spring will show up soon!!!
    If I am lucky enough to be one of this month's winners I am hoping that I win this lovely stamp set!! I am in love!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is stunning! What a beautiful frame set. I just love how you outlined the flower images. The butterfly brads really help to make it such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card. The embossed acetate makes this card extra special. I love how you used the micro beads. Your color palette is so soft and lovely. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic look...and so perfect for Spring and Easter giving too. It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card awaiting the approach of spring, will it ever come? The shaker with the white looks so peaceful and fresh snow on early flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card - can spring be far behind with these lovely flowers and butterflies !!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Irises are one of my favorite flowers and you've done a great job of bringing them to life. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card has inspired me to try the embossable acetate. It truly does make a big impact. Thank you for sharing your design.

    Jan Hobbs

    ReplyDelete
  21. A great job on painting the leaves and stems. I love the cutout with the sentiment stamped on it. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card. Love the cut out for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a great card I love how you incorporated the little window in the middle too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely card. loved your colors! Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  25. Shona, you always are combining so many different techniques and hitting a home run. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a versatile stamp set. Great sayings to use. I love the flower image so spring like and we need that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so pretty! Making it into a shaker card was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is a stunning card !!! I am in love with the colors and that beautiful design !!!! WOW !!!

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Shona, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the detail and how you added the butterfly under the acetate, such great depth to this card!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous card Shona, love the shaker card with the micro beads.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  31. SO pretty, Shona! Love the craft bg and white embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so beautiful with the heat embossing an bleach technique! Love the interchangeable sentiments with this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a gorgeous shaker card! Love the clear window and sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I was at the store just yesterday, and somehow missed that stamp. I love what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Shona, I love your shaker card! Why didn't I think of it :) Your coloring on the kraft CS is so pretty. Love those butterflies too.
    Can't wait to see your Bour to Shop card. It looks like something very interesting.
    Hugs,
    Eret

    ReplyDelete
  37. Shona, I love what you did with the white embossing and bleaching. The shaker part in the center is gorgeous as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!