Friday, March 7, 2014

SHOPPING IS MY CARDIO!

Well that is actually a lie - I am really not a shopper!  The only shops you'll find me in are the grocery stores and craft stores! Unless my Mum is visiting from Scotland, we hit the stores then! She enjoys having something different to wear back home, other than Marks and Spencers! (You need to be British to get that probably!) When I saw this sentiment from the new Born to Shop Set, I immediately thought of the running set which I used last week. 



If you took part in the latest Sparkle N Sprinkle Reveal, then this is the sneak peak I left you with. I used the "Bendy Card" Design, which Jill had featured earlier with one of our Spunky stamps. I thought it would be fun to have my runner jogging through the streets and so the brick background seemed appropriate. I ran the card back and the front tab through the Sizzix Bricked embossing folder and ran Desert Sand directly over the raised pattern.


For the town I stamped the shop image on rust cardstock with Versamark and heat embossed with Belgian Cream embossing powder. I then took Copic Markers and colored on top of the embossing powder to add color to the image. The windows were bleached out with a bleach pen.


The shop scene was attached to the wider tab and I cut off bits that were going to be showing - now thinking again about this, I could have just cut the scene out, leaving the notch on the right side and a fold on the left!  Oh well - next time! You need to cut a slit between the hat shop and the pastry shop, so that the front tab can connect in.

That's pretty much it.  You can find full directions in my SNS Art Gallery, if needed.



I'm so glad you stopped by today, hope to see you soon, when I'll be sharing a card using another of the March Reveal sets - the Winter Cardinal, where I also used the new flocked background technique


Till then,

Hugs,

Shona

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful card ! I loved how you have combined the sentiment,sport theme and a shopping plaza with that bendi fold !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, Shona! I imagine you are out running around, as usual - or should I just say RUNNING? Your card is fabulous with the dimension, and great use of the dry embossed background! What really strikes me is the detail in your store fronts - how each roof line is a different color, and the chimney on the red roof is blue - wow! Great card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a clever way to use the shop scene! The bendy card is perfect and you always have such brilliant ideas for the scenes - this one is no different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and fold. Love how you combined these two images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love how you combined the runner with the shops. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shona, what a wonderful way to use this storefront set. Really liked your 3dimensional treatment of it too. Can't wait to see your winter cardinal...I am so loving that stamp. It was very easy to stamp out perfectly, first time, and my copics loved it too! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this is a gorgeous scene on the bendy design and I love the sentiment lol.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great , very special card!!!! I love it very much , love the way you put the houses and the running girl together !! Great design!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning creation. Very beautiful and Love the way how you have used the embossed folder for background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great card !!! I love the way you used the runner and the shops together , what a perfect idea !!!

    hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!