Sunday, August 19, 2012

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You .......

Gosh, this summer has been a complete whirlwind, hasn't it?  I love being able to "sleep-in" (past 5.30am) when the kids aren't needing to be pulled out of bed for school, but only two more weeks of that and we're back to the grind (after I get back from a week in Scotland, getting the eldest off to University).

Ten weeks, seemed like a lot of time, but we have had the busiest summer ever, which made it just fly by!  Among all the things going on, were several "big" birthdays, graduations, and anniversaries. All good, but I felt like my "relaxing" stamping time, was turned into a "sweat shop".  Struan's 18th birthday was on the 5th of August and he's just writing them now as I'm writing this!

Anyway, bottom line is, they had to be quick and easy, but I hate making something that looks like it took a minute to make! Already went that route with his Graduation Thank-You's.  that really did only take a minute!   So this time - I took 5!!!  I used a stamp from the Asian Set 304, and then a Thank You from Set 415.  I bought a few Dylusion paints lately, along with a stencil, thanks to some "stamping tool enablers", but I haven't used them yet, and thought I should at least put the stencil to use, until I have time to play!

Here is the end result using two dye-based inks sponged onto glossy cardstock with the stamped image embossed in black detail powder.  I used a dauber, with the same two inks, to color in the stenciled circles and then just stamped the saying into the bottom circle:


Thanks so much for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card. Have fun back in Scotland! How awesome that he gets to go to college there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Shona! Sounds like it's been an EXCITING summer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and I too think it would be great to go to school in Scotland!! Have fun over there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your summer sounds like mine. Very cute card. That background is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The results are simply stunning! So, so pretty and I love the soft color combo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!