Saturday, August 11, 2012

Thanks for being my Friend

Hi there,

The Blog Hop over at Sparkle N Sprinkle was last week, and I had made two cards for it, but decided since I had a little tutorial on masking and stamping on flocking, that it was maybe too long to add the second card, so I decided to hold this little doggie one back 'till now!

I'm loving playing with all the different width tapes and Adhesive sheets with the Flockings and Sparkle N Softs. Did you know you can stamp directly over the top of them with Staz-On or Memento black ink and you have a fuzzy colored-in image?  This of course works great on the animal stamps, which by the way are still on sale this month, so if you've had your eye on any of them, now's the time to pounce!

I had used a cat image for the Blog Hop, so I decided to go with a dog for this one.  My brother used to be a game-keeper in Scotland, and had a black lab at the time.  Mack was such a loyal lad!  I had him in mind when I made this card:


For the background, I used the Bird Call embossing folder and embossed with Clear embossing powder before coloring with a dye ink wash.  Here are the full directions for the card.

Such a cute, fuzzy pup - don't you think?

Thanks for stopping by.



7 comments:

  1. Love how you colored just part of the embossed background for the grass and the lab is just so "touchable" -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Wish I could touch the doggie! And that embossing folder is perfect for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling card, Shona! Great use of elements and soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep saying I'm going to try that technique and haven't yet!! Cute card:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I just bought that cute dog print trim!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. Love the dog and how you stamped him. Your background is cool as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love love the tape and sticker paper too! Never tried using Stazon and the fuzzy stuff, but the results are amazing on your card! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!