Monday, February 20, 2012

Old Guys Rule!

Hi there,

Just finished up another card from the brand new Surfin' sets from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  Scroll down to look at my previous post to see what some of the other team designers and I have done with these sets. I find there are many elements in these sets that are particularly suited for the guys in our lives!

We had a 53rd birthday celebration last week for a close friend, so I used the Surfin' Woody set for his card:


I stamped the cars on brown cardstock in Versamark and heat embossed with Copper embossing powder. I then took a water pen and filled it with bleach and painted the cards with bleach - I love the old Verdi-Gris color that resulted!  I was trying to make the card as rustic and distressed as possible.  I used the Spellbinders Rectangle Lattice die cut for this card and the "tombstones" are tucked into pockets (slit with an exacto knife) and propped up with dimensionals, which you can't really see in the photo, but in real life looks kind of cool!

Full directions for this card can be found in the Sparkle N Sprinkle Gallery.

Thanks for stopping by today,

Shona




9 comments:

  1. Shona, love what you have done with this stamp set. Who would have thought that punch-around-the-page would look so great with those old guy cars! Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the copper embossing and bleach effect! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona, Your bleach technique is so striking. It really makes the copper color just POP.What a great looking masculine card.LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the white sentiments on dark card stock....that looks great! Wonderful layout on this card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to catch up with my blog reading and love all of your cards! They are all outstanding! Love all of that glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cool take on those images, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shona, I'm gifting you the Liebster Blogger Award. Check out my blog. http://kareescardsandcraftsofcourse.blogspot.com
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really nice cards. I like the classic cars stamp. Thinking about getting that set.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cool take on those images, Shona!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!