Monday, November 26, 2012

ASIAN GOOD LUCK

Hi there,

Back from visiting David's Mom, in Virginia.  It was a nice, relaxing visit, didn't do much (well, apart from eat!).  Since I couldn't haul my stamping loot with me, I leafed through magazines to get ideas for my Christmas cards. I usually stamp 15 to 20 of each design, using 10 different designs.  Haven't done the count yet, this year, but last was 162.  Half of them go overseas, so I really should get moving on it!

Also have quite a few birthdays in December and January, so I need to get them done too.  So while I'm waiting on my stamping room to heat up a bit, let me share with you, an Asian Good Luck card that I did last week:


I stamped the Gingko leaves in Versamark and heat embossed in Detail White. I used a Deckled Rectangle die from Spellbinders to create the window, putting a piece of cardstock over the leaves so that the die wouldn't cut the entire rectangle, then cut around the leaves. I ran the two top layers through the Darice Scroll Background embossing folder and distressed the top layer with distress inks.

The Leaf Robe was stamped in Versamark on brown cardstock, heat embossed in white.  I bleached out her face and then colored over some of the white embossing with colored pencils. I cut her out and then applied Versamark to entire piece and heat embossed with Clear Detail. Repeat with Versamark and Super Thick Clear embossing powder.

Full instructions for the card, if you need them, can be found in the Sparkle N Sprinkle Gallery. OK, I'm off to see what I can get done upstairs.

11 comments:

  1. Love this! Your color combo is so pretty. It's amazing how we used the same stamps and how different our projects are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shona, this is beautiful! Love the idea with the ginko leaves overlapping. Did you heat emboss the leaves before putting them through the folder? I've never tried heat embossing and then putting it through an embossing folder. Your colors are amazing - so rich - and the Asian feel is very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Great color combo and love the little tassle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card. Your choice of colors is great. And I really like the tassel, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really a cool look! Super neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 162 crimbo cards!!! You should rename your blog Super Stampin' Shona lol
    Love this one Shona, really pretty
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shona, I love the color combination all the detail. I want to run my fingers over the backgruond. How clever to cut around the ginko leave. Where do you come up with these ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I love the use of the gingko leaves and the embossing and the tassel coming thru the sentiment, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another winner, Shona. This is so rich looking. I really like what you did with the lady--white embossing and coloring over it AND bleaching her face. Then clear emboss powder over it all? Lots of work, but it turned out fantastic. Way cool, girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!