Wednesday, November 14, 2012

SPARKLE N SPRINKLE WINTER WONDERLAND BLOG HOP

Hi there, and welcome to the Sparkle N Sprinkle Winter Wonderland Blog Hop.  We have lots of ideas to share with you this time round.  In fact, so many that we are having this hop run for four days, instead of our usual two.  Sparkle N Sprinkle has picked out a few new designers for our team and so they are all joining us on this hop.  So without further ado let's get going!

The Hop will work the same way as usual, all you have to do is leave a comment on each designer's blog in order to be eligible for one of the 6 fabulous prizes. You should have hopped here from one of my new team mates, Debi's blog.  If you did, then you are on the right track, if not, you should go back to the beginning at the SNS blog page, to be eligible for all the prizes.

Have you heard about Sparkle N Sprinkle's latest product?  Velvet Glitters!  Yep, they are lovely and sparkly and they feel like velvet to the touch, hence their name!  I've been spending most of my stamping  time this month, playing with them, and one in particular - Cloud Nine! The reason for this is, not only can you stamp on it - you can color on it too!

For my first card today, I used three of the new glitters: Luau Green, Gypsy Red and my favorite - Cloud Nine.  Can't you just see the velvety texture of the glitter?  That is one thing that I would like to point out about these new glitters - the coverage is phenomenal! The cardstock behind the glitters is white, the Velvet Glitter is so fine that no white shows through!  


To do the image part of the card, I applied a piece of the Super Adhesive Sheet to white cardstock and then removed the protective backing.  Apply Cloud Nine glitter, burnish in with your finger, and you're ready to stamp and color!  Now, the only thing you need to remember is this:

If you are going to color with Alcohol markers (such as Copics), you need to stamp with Memento ink (just as you would on cardstock).  If you are going to use watercolor pencils or crayons (which I did in this card) you will need to use Staz-On ink! 

So, for my little froggy, Raising Cane, I stamped him in Staz-On and then colored over the top of the glitter using my waterbrush and watercolor crayons. If you go outside the lines by mistake, just take a clean waterbrush and remove the color.  Full directions for this card are right here.  

Once, I got started with this I couldn't stop - here is another card - done with the same technique:



Full directions for the above card are here.  

Now, just to let you see the difference, in the glitters, I colored the above image with watercolor crayons and the waterbrush, on  top of the Cloud Nine Velvet glitter.  In the next card, I colored the paper first with the crayons and brush and then covered the colored panel with the Super Adhesive Sheet and applied Sparkling Snow Glitter on top of the image.  Here is how that looks:


It's all just a matter of taste and what look you prefer. Now I have to show you how the Cloud Nine looks with Memento and Copics:


Isn't he just adorable?  This is Woofie our Christmas pup!  I stamped the image in Memento black ink and colored with Copics.  Oh and for the little label? - I stamped directly on the glitter with green Staz-On ink - but that's a whole other possibility!!  Full details can be found in the art gallery.  Also, come back after the hop and check out all the great ideas in our Tips and Techniques Section under  Glitter - Velvet.  

Well, I hope I've whetted your appetite to try some of these new glitters out. However,
BEWARE:  It is highly addictive! 

That's all from me today, hope you've enjoyed what I've shared. Don't forget to leave a comment for me before you pop over and see what another one of our new designers, Dawn, has up her sleeve!  Have a great day!


51 comments:

  1. All of your cards are great! I love all the sparkle. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Shona! And thanks for showing the difference in the two ways to use the glitter & coloring. I'm not sure which I like better! Would love to see those two in person for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable... I like both but I really like the red and green one... So darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so special, love the different coloring techniques. I especially love the image you used on the 2nd card. It turned out gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona, I love the first card -- it grabs you right away. And yet, the second card is lovely in it's elegance. A great job all around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That frog is one of my favorite images and the bright glitter colors make him pop. The Woofie Chrismtas card is gorgeous - soft and glittery - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Three exceptionally sparkling cards. Your coloring and detail are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job with your cards! Love the sparkle as well!
    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the frog! It makes me think of a warm happy Christmas and I love how you used the velvet glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards. I love the frog!! he is too cute. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the red and green glitter with the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Got these cards in the store the other day and love all that glitter!! I love the look of the stamping and coloring on the Cloud Nine! Great job Shona...hope life is returning to normal for you:) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the frog the best. Well, maybe not . . . these are all great! (Diane Cook)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too love these new glitters, but I haven't yet tried this technique. LOVE the results you achieved and the one with the church looks gorgeous! Just like a snowy Christmas eve!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sparkle, Sparkle, Little Shona. TOO CUTE! So much sparkliness - the backgrounds are just as sparkly, and the painted on glitter looks fabulous! Me thinks you are the glitter queenie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, all of these look amazing and you captured the glitter perfectly with your photography (I sometimes have issues with photographing the glitter).

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am going to call you sparkle queen! I love all the glitter. I need to start glittering a lot more. I have been so focused on my coloring. Great job with both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving Woofie, and your idea. Need to try these glitters, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning cards. I love them all and all the sparkly details.

    ReplyDelete
  21. All your cards are so beautiful! Love the cathedral/church one and of course, my favorite, Woofie!
    Great effects!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Shona these are lovely, I would never have thought to try and stamp on glitter. They have me so intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards! Cloud 9 is a favorite of mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a difference glitter makes. It steps it up 10 notches!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are beautiful cards! I am going to have to try all of the techniques you shared. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great cards. I love all the glitter. It really makes the cards special.
    Thanks loads,
    Candy Meyers

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for showing us the difference in look between putting the image coloring over or under the glitter.

    Jan H

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, these are so glittery and nice for Christmas cards. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Shona, All of your cards are beautiful! I love the frog and the green sparkle and then I saw the Church People and I thought that was spectacular. Woolfie and the Trees are perfect! I am seeing diamonds in the sky now with all that sparkleliciousness. You sure did get your sparkle on.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the sparkles, thank you for showing the differences.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the cards - the frog's my favorite! And thanks for the ink tips for coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful cards, all of them. The velvet glitters look like lots of fun. I'll have to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What fun! I'm working on my Christmas cards after stocking up on Sparkling Snow at the Portland show. I should have bought a larger bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So many beautiful cards!! I love how you showed the same card with coloring before and after adding glitter. They both look great. Your brads are so sparkly, too, on the first card. Love all the variation.

    ReplyDelete
  35. They are all gorgeous! But the froggy just makes me smile! Great layout on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your cards. So glittery and sparkly!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the frog card! Only thing I would maybe change is maybe the wording to Hoppy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Shona, I love the velvet look of Cloud Nine. This could be my next addiction. The watercolors seem more brilliant than the Copics, but I love my Copics too. Thanks for showing the differences in the different processes.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Shona, Yes the velvet glitter is awesome I have had the chance to use it myself. I like your froggie card he is cute and I realy luv woofie I think that stamp is just too cute. Great cards thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! All the cards are great and I really appreciate being able to find the exact directions for each method you used. It is difficult to decide which card I like best. Guess I'll have to try each of your techniques before I will be able to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  41. What gorgeous images! Love your use of sparkle! It really makes them unique!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love all the sparkle!
    Kim S
    kasot@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. wow, what a great group of cards. i love all of the puppy ones. very nice job with the bold colors. love then, tffs.

    ReplyDelete
  44. the church card is very beautiful! Love the rest also

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great cards froggie is to cute with his cane Love the church scene and woofie as always cute cute.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love all the glitter on your cards.
    Thanks for sharing. So much imspiration on the hop

    ReplyDelete
  47. It was nice seeing the difference in the application of the glitter. Will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  48. such beautiful sparkly cards. Just love them.

    punkyann@iserv.net

    ReplyDelete
  49. After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your shonasstampingstage.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

    Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

    = = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

    In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

    Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
    day!!

    And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

    But how does it work??

    You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
    times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
    you're done!!

    Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
    could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

    = = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!