Friday, January 13, 2012

Thanks Snow Much!

Thanks for stopping by,

It's been a crazy week since I last posted.  My daughter, Gillian, turned sixteen on Monday, so we've been busy with celebrating for several days as a result!  Of course, I had her cards to make, but the Christmas Thank You's weren't even done yet.  It was one of those things, I had ten to do, but wanted to make them look like I hadn't just spent ten minutes on them! Thank Goodness for Tear-ific Tape and glitter!  I got them done today - hey better late than never!  ...And now I have ten more Birthday Thank You's to do tomorrow!





I  had to make my own saying, using three Sparkle N Sprinkle stamps, two from Set 415 Thanks a Bunch, and one from Set 386 Christmas Greetings.  I cut the necessary words from each saying and placed them on an acrylic block to stamp.  I cut and embossed with Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio Two. I inked up the embossed side of the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Snowflakes to make the background. For the big snowflake I used Tear-ific Tape and then die cut with Spellbinders 2010 Snowflake Pendant and removed the protective film and then applied Waterfall Glitter.  The Snowflake was attached to the card with dimensionals and then I wrapped the saying on with turquoise ribbon under some organdy white ribbon to finish the card.

Thanks "snow" much for joining me today!

7 comments:

  1. what a clever use of the words and phrases!!! Cute card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just a perfect thank you card for this time of year! Beautiful blue color :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SNOW welcome for visiting your blog today. However, it should be ME thanking YOU snow much for sharing such a darling card! Love the saying you created, and the glizty snowflake. Your cards are always so imaginative with a great deal of commonly-found elements used in the most ingenious ways! The ink and embossed background is perfect for your card! Thank you for sharing your masterpiece! PS it was nice chatting with you today. ((( hugs )))

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabUUUlous. Clever play on words Shona, a great card
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona, lovely card. The glitter is the perfect color for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling card. What a great theme of snow for this time of year!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful snowflake....love the colors snow much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!